Logic (9) Compatibility

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys. First post here...

Just wanted to know - I bought Logic Studio (9) today, and have been interested in getting a few SonicCouture products. The piano ones in particular, and the EBOW guitars sound incredible.

Before this, I was deciding between getting either Logic 9 or Komplete 7/Kontakt from Native Instruments.
So, I haven't got the full version of Kontakt 4 for some of the other SC instruments I really want... so i'm asking, is there anyone who just uses Logic for Sonics instruments? Rather than the Kontakt player...

I'm mainly into performing, just recently gotten into recording/samples... i've picked up quite a lot, but I haven't dealt with EXS24 in Logic.

Hi,
our more recent products ( like Xtended Piano) are Kontakt player/kontakt only, so there is no EXS24 version available for those. Most of our other products do have EXS24 available though - it's all clearly marked on the website as i'm sure you already saw.

What I would say is that we at SC feel that the Kontakt versions of our instruments are much more developed and sophisticated in terms of performance and functionality - this is due to the restrictions of EXS24 ( a sampler that has not been updated in many years) , and the highly-evolved nature of kontakt.

So we would recommend using the kontakt player instruments in logic where they are available, as you'll have a better experience.

hope this helps
James

Return to “Soniccouture”