EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any hope that one of the enthusiasts will make a program to fix this problem?

Let me renew the question again. The problem is still unresolved.
tobra wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:18 am My sound card E-MU1616m PCI-e works but there is one problem!
What cannot be recorded via the WDM driver?

At the very beginning when member ClubHouseKey posted how to configure the driver i did it successfully with a small script update. Example when you record a game via Nvidia game overlay you cannot record a microphone over the sound of the game, It's like the microphone is off. Please note that the microphone is included in the settings in Windows 10. Only this problem is present, with ASIO drivers I did not notice this type of problem. I hope that there is a possibility to solve this problem as well. My guess is that the problem with Windows 10 is that they have locked or shut down something.
Link: viewtopic.php?p=7778675#p7778675

Sound card not working on Windows 11 Pro x64, Version: 22H2, OS build: 22621.521, Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 Today I installed Windows and the procedure to install the E-MU driver no longer works!

I do everything as it should, but in PowerShell it shows this error.

Code: Select all

PS C:\temp>> .\EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1
.\EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1 : File C:\temp\EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1 cannot be loaded. The file C:\temp\EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1 is not dig
itally signed. You cannot run this script on the current system. For more information about running scripts and setting
 execution policy, see about_Execution_Policies at https:/go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170.
At line:1 char:1
+ .\EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : SecurityError: (:) [], PSSecurityException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnauthorizedAccess
PS C:\temp>>
Of course I did the Execution Policy Change.

Code: Select all

Scope ExecutionPolicy
        ----- ---------------
MachinePolicy       Undefined
   UserPolicy       Undefined
      Process       Undefined
  CurrentUser       AllSigned
 LocalMachine    RemoteSigned
Can anyone help to resolve this issue, thank you. :(

It's working for me on the same setup. I just right clicked the PS1 file and ran it.

iceman1265 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:48 pm It's working for me on the same setup. I just right clicked the PS1 file and ran it.
It would be nice if you share it with us how it should be done, but I would like to ask you to explain it in more detail, thank you. It's not working for me! What version of Windows 11 do you have?

My version: Windows 11 Pro x64, Version: 22H2, OS build: 22621.521, Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0

As previously stated I have exactly the same OS as you. I followed the instructions here: viewtopic.php?t=529349, except, as previously stated, I just ran the PS1 file from the right click context menu. I can’t explain it any more simply than that.

I'm wrong somewhere then. Although I don't believe it, I corrected the script so it could work for the E-MU 1616M PCI-e sound card. You can find about it in previous posts. Then it remains that your Windows is not the same as mine, mine was updated on 05.10.2022.

Edition Windows 11 Pro x64
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎5.‎10.‎2022.
OS build 22621.608
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0

Please show this data so that it can be compared if it is the same.

EDIT: I solved the problem. I had to manually copy the required files, the script simply won't do what is needed.

Perhaps you'll believe this (though I doubt it).

As stated previously, I followed the instructions here: viewtopic.php?t=529349, except I just ran the PS1 file from the right click context menu. No need to edit the script, it just works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I've managed to install the drivers for my 1820m (well, technically 1010, since I don't have the breakout box connected) without any "insufficient hardware" errors. I can use the card as a playback device and get a signal registering on the peak meter in PatchMix. What I CAN'T do, however, is get a signal from my DAT connected via optical in to register, no matter what I do. I've set them to "SPDIF (Coax Disabled) in the I/O panel, but I can't get an optical SPDIF signal to go in or out of the connectors on the card. Am I missing some step?

OT

I got 1820m after having fully recapped 1616m, which was always hot for some reason.

Anyway, drivers work out of the box on W7, but i cannot clock my second interface to the Emu, i am using coaxial s/pdif, i got the manual but for some reason i think i can only use "word clock" connection for this, because in manual never states how to use s/pdif as a connection for clocking another device. Or i´m blind/lazy.

Anyone managed to clock another device to the Emu?

p.s., if someone´s interested, i got 20 original Emulator X CD´s in original boxes, Planet Phat, Strings, Drums etc., hit me up on PM, very cheap - i´m in Eu btw.
!

BEFORE I join you all down this particular rabbit hole--does anyone know if the E-MU 1616M Cardbus/PCMCIA laptop interface used the same drivers or different drivers than those for PCI and PCIe?

I am about to try to configure a comparatively late Thinkpad T61 laptop which has a cardbus slot (and I have a virgin NOS 1616M including its original DVD installation discs dated 2005) and hoped someone here who actually knows what they're doing can tell me which is the better bet for Windows 7. ANY guidance would be very greatly appreciated!

If it’s running Windows 7, I don’t think it matters what drivers you are using, as the drivers are written for Windows 7.

Also, I’m envious you have a computer with a cardbus slot. I have the pcimia card as well, but no laptop with slot.

A recent $100 purchase on eBay--sound, top-of-the-line laptops are out there. Many thanks indeed, pandashake!

Before you call me crazy, just DL FL Studio Demo and try this thing out:

So i use FL 11, 1820m and in the middle of the track i swapped latency in the options menu and also(for some reason) i changed "sync" from "internal" to "adat", so i dont have anything synced to the interface, i just changed that setting cold out and the sound image is different, more midrange, even the groove is slighty different as a cause..
I did this back when i had 1616m with the same result(but because i got it modded i was kinda corelating it like that), was kinda thinking i´m going crazy from all those plugins, i tried it again and it still make so much difference.

So make a quick beat that makes slight sense and swap the snyc to "adat" after a few minutes

Can anyone confirm?
!

guileless wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:50 am A recent $100 purchase on eBay--sound, top-of-the-line laptops are out there. Many thanks indeed, pandashake!
Let me know if you get it up and running and it's decent performance-wise and I'll look into getting one of those laptops! :)

Got my 0404 pci card working today on windows 10 using clubhousekeys method but i had to watch this video before I was able to do it ,I had to disable the driver before running the script and then re enabled the driver afterwards and it worked, https://youtu.be/NCKvzF0XzfY ,by the way the 0202 USB unit still works in 10 fine and dandy ,thanks the video has this title which will make it easy to find if it doesn't show on this forum ,I wouldn't have done it without this "Install a PCI EMU Soundcard in Windows 10"

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”