EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Deak Ferance
KVRer
2 posts since 24 Oct, 2016

Post Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:15 pm

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
ClubHouseKey wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:06 pm
Driver fix for EMU 1820 and probably all other EMU cards on Windows 10 1903.

Here are some instructions:

1. Uninstall any existing EMU drivers and PatchMix versions.
2. Install 2.30 beta drivers (EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA.exe) and reboot.
4. Download XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018.exe, then extract it with 7-Zip to a temp folder like C:\temp. Example file structure should look like this: c:\temp\XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018\setup.exe
5. Unzip the attached ScriptFiles.zip to c:\temp. You should now have FilesToReplace.csv, EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1, and the XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018 folder together in c:\temp.
6. Open an Elevated powershell window and change directory to c:\temp.
7. Run .\EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1 from the Elevated powershell window. The script does 3 things: 1) Disables the EMU card in device manager so we can overwrite some of the driver files. 2) Reads the csv, loops through each entry, and overwrites the necessary files. 3) Re-enables the EMU card in device manager.
8. Install PatchMix 2.20 (EmuPMX_PCApp_US_2_20_00.exe) and reboot.
9. Your card should be fully functional now.

Links:

EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA.exe - E-MU beta drivers for Windows Vista x64 compatibility. These can support most models.
https://support.creative.com/downloads/ ... adId=12479 (https://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=12479)

EmuPMX_PCApp_US_2_20_00.exe - E-MU PatchMix software meant for the 1616M PCIe model
https://support.creative.com/downloads/ ... adId=11912 (https://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=11912)

XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018.exe - Updated Creative X-Fi drivers for Windows 10 1903
https://support.creative.com/downloads/ ... dId=100256 (https://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=100256)

I encourage you to check out the script and csv before running it. If there is any concern about running a script, you can manually replace the files as listed in the csv, however it is 111 files.

My initial discovery of this method happened by a happy accident as I was examining Creative's X-Fi drivers which they fixed for 1903. I noticed many similarities to the EMU drivers, including many leftover references to the EMU products. I force installed the Creative drivers to be used with a virtual device (a Voicemeeter/VBAN virtual soundcard) and after a reboot magically my EMU started working. I came up with the method above after painstakingly examining what exact combination of these files it took to get success as I wanted something repeatable and shareable. I believe in 1903 MS has fixed a flaw, enforced a best practice, or enhanced the audio stack in a way that broke what EMU/Creative had done in the past.

Good luck!
First, i say thank you, i have a EMU 1212 Card and try your solution.
Now i have the proplem, it doesnt work. Device Manager tell me i have a Audiocontroller but it has the yellow questionmark. Also when i install the EMU App driver it doesn`t work. The more problem is, i can't the remove the whole thing. when i try to install the EMU device driver, it says, "there is no item installed" . I can use nothing, and i don't know how to clean the whole thing up. i'm very frustrated. :( :( :(

Deak Ferance
KVRer
2 posts since 24 Oct, 2016

Re: EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:38 am

Problem solved.
Did a Rollback to Build 1809.
No everything works like a charm. (again)
And i have the assumption, my machine under Buld 1809 runs faster. Especially connection to network folders.
So nevertheless thanks for your effort. :)

tobra
KVRer
13 posts since 6 Jun, 2019

Re: EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:48 pm

Heelo friends,
This is my first post. I was looking for a E-MU 1616m PCI-e sound card solution. And I found this site "KVR". As you already know by coming up with a new Windows 10 Update (1903) sound card will not work. I returned to the previous version of Windows 10 (1809) and now it works properly. Has anyone ever tried what @ ClubHouseKey wrote? I'm really sorry such a good product that there are no driver updates. 😒 I'm glad that there are fans of this sound card.

Best regards
tobra

tobra
KVRer
13 posts since 6 Jun, 2019

Re: EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:01 am

ClubHouseKey wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:06 pm
... The script does 3 things: 1) Disables the EMU card in device manager so we can overwrite some of the driver files. 2) Reads the csv, loops through each entry, and overwrites the necessary files. 3) Re-enables the EMU card in device manager. ...
Thank you very much for what you are doing! I have an E-MU 1616m PCI-e sound card and I want to work on the new Windows 10 (1903).
  • Now I'm interested in which option should we choose?
    1. "1) Disables the EMU card in device manager so we can overwrite some of the driver files."
    2. "2) Reads the csv, loops through each entry, and overwrites the necessary files."
    3. "3) Re-enables the EMU card in device manager."
Thank you in advance for the answer.
Best regards
tobra

nfsking2
KVRer
1 posts since 7 Jun, 2019

Re: EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:19 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
ClubHouseKey wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:06 pm
Driver fix for EMU 1820 and probably all other EMU cards on Windows 10 1903.

Here are some instructions:

1. Uninstall any existing EMU drivers and PatchMix versions.
2. Install 2.30 beta drivers (EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA.exe) and reboot.
4. Download XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018.exe, then extract it with 7-Zip to a temp folder like C:\temp. Example file structure should look like this: c:\temp\XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018\setup.exe
5. Unzip the attached ScriptFiles.zip to c:\temp. You should now have FilesToReplace.csv, EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1, and the XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018 folder together in c:\temp.
6. Open an Elevated powershell window and change directory to c:\temp.
7. Run .\EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1 from the Elevated powershell window. The script does 3 things: 1) Disables the EMU card in device manager so we can overwrite some of the driver files. 2) Reads the csv, loops through each entry, and overwrites the necessary files. 3) Re-enables the EMU card in device manager.
8. Install PatchMix 2.20 (EmuPMX_PCApp_US_2_20_00.exe) and reboot.
9. Your card should be fully functional now.

Links:

EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA.exe - E-MU beta drivers for Windows Vista x64 compatibility. These can support most models.
https://support.creative.com/downloads/ ... adId=12479 (https://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=12479)

EmuPMX_PCApp_US_2_20_00.exe - E-MU PatchMix software meant for the 1616M PCIe model
https://support.creative.com/downloads/ ... adId=11912 (https://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=11912)

XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018.exe - Updated Creative X-Fi drivers for Windows 10 1903
https://support.creative.com/downloads/ ... dId=100256 (https://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=100256)

I encourage you to check out the script and csv before running it. If there is any concern about running a script, you can manually replace the files as listed in the csv, however it is 111 files.

My initial discovery of this method happened by a happy accident as I was examining Creative's X-Fi drivers which they fixed for 1903. I noticed many similarities to the EMU drivers, including many leftover references to the EMU products. I force installed the Creative drivers to be used with a virtual device (a Voicemeeter/VBAN virtual soundcard) and after a reboot magically my EMU started working. I came up with the method above after painstakingly examining what exact combination of these files it took to get success as I wanted something repeatable and shareable. I believe in 1903 MS has fixed a flaw, enforced a best practice, or enhanced the audio stack in a way that broke what EMU/Creative had done in the past.

Good luck!
Awesome dude!!!!!

Get my E-MU 1616M PCIE back to life in Win10 1903 insider preview.

Thanks so much!!!
111.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tobra
KVRer
13 posts since 6 Jun, 2019

Re: EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:06 pm

ClubHouseKey wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:06 pm
Driver fix for EMU 1820 and probably all other EMU cards on Windows 10 1903.
Yes, thank you, thank you, thank you !!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Finally, my E-MU 1616m PCI-e was run on Windows 10, 1903
I had to change the name of the sound card in the script file "EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1".

>Get-PnpDevice -FriendlyName "E-MU E-DSP" to "E-MU E DSP Audio Processor (WDM)" and another string >Get-PnpDevice -FriendlyName "E-MU E-DSP" to "E-MU E DSP Audio Processor (WDM)" After this change, the script has done the job properly. I used the Notepad++ program for this. I will upload the edited file "EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1" here in the forum.

Thank you very much for sharing this with us E-MU sound card users.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rootsandculture
KVRer
4 posts since 31 May, 2019

Re: EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Post Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:23 am

tobra wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:06 pm
Thank you very much for sharing this with us E-MU sound card users.
Hi @tobra, can you please explain me how to get 176.4 khz, are you using the ASIO output component in foobar for playing that DSD64 album?

I'm stuck with the E-MU PatchMix options and configurations, I'm using the default settings but I get 48.0 khz with a SACD and I don't know if is a card limitation or bad configuration. My card is an 0404 PCI.

aloel_ku
KVRer
1 posts since 11 Jun, 2019

Re: EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:28 am

ClubHouseKey wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:12 pm
PSA: E-MU 1820 is not working in Windows 10 1903.

Driver installs fine, but PatchMix doesn't load properly. Error is: "PatchMix DSP Error! You don't appear to have sufficient E-MU hardware to load the session in your system."

Rolling back to 1809 fixes the problem. Problem also exists in the skip ahead build. Reinstalling driver and patchmix application does not help. I also tried every possible permutation of installation driver and patchmix versions. I've analzyed with Procmon and other utilities, but nothing jumps out.

I use EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA and EmuPMX_PCApp_L6_2_10_00 in 1809 without issue. Also tried EmuPMX_PCApp_US_2_20_00 (meant for PCI-E).

I submitted feedback to MS, but I am thinking this is the end of the line for this card :(. I've had it forever and even replaced the caps in the breakout box myself. Additionally when I moved to a Z390 board I got a PCI-E to PCI adapter and mounted the PCI daughterboard and EMU card in a 5.25" bay. Hopefully by some miracle the issue gets fixed. I can stay on 1809 for a while, but eventually I'll have to face facts.
Thank you very much.. 👌👌

Hazy
KVRer
2 posts since 20 Sep, 2005

Re: EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:35 am

@ClubHouseKey: What PCI-E to PCI adapter do you use? I want to upgrade my system but there's hardly any motherboards that support PCI available.

Thanks!

ClubHouseKey
KVRer
28 posts since 18 Apr, 2019

Re: EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Hazy wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:35 am
@ClubHouseKey: What PCI-E to PCI adapter do you use? I want to upgrade my system but there's hardly any motherboards that support PCI available.

Thanks!
I am using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I2WVFM4, but I also own https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KZHDK4Q which also worked fine when I tested it. I was expecting some increased latency or other issues, but it's been flawless. I don't think the specific product matters too much as there seem to be 2 or 3 designs that everyone is copying. The big issue for me was how to fit it in my case alongside an ATX board. I almost went mini-atx, but decided I'd rather not compromise. I was able to work rig up a mount inside my 5.25" bays for the PCI extender board.

grandfilou.
KVRer
8 posts since 13 Jun, 2019

Re: EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:30 am

hey there. Yesterday I upgraded to to win10 1903 x64 and now my Patchmix Software shows an error at starting it up. I already tried the solution provided by ClubHouseKey but i think im doing it wrong. The driver itself installs fine but im not sure how to run that script within powershell- it just shows red lines telling me that its not able to find/replace/ files.... :[ Any help is greatly appreciated!
oh im using the emu1212m PCI
Last edited by grandfilou. on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

grandfilou.
KVRer
8 posts since 13 Jun, 2019

Re: EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:25 am

ok i just rolled back to 1809 and it works again. Microsoft and/or Creative have to be kidding us emu users... :[ (pissed off)

bob swans
KVRist
251 posts since 16 Sep, 2007

Re: EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:36 am

I'm glad this thread is here, I updated yesterday and didn't get any issues. I will have to test again tonight.
Fingers crossed
Presets available for DSI P12, Korg Monologue,U-he Repro/Diva, Audiorealism ABL Pro and Madrona Labs Virta here
https://sellfy.com/BoBSwanS

grandfilou.
KVRer
8 posts since 13 Jun, 2019

Re: EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:56 am

how is this possible?!

bob swans
KVRist
251 posts since 16 Sep, 2007

Re: EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:29 am

grandfilou. wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:56 am
how is this possible?!
It's not :)
I just got home and checked and I am still on 1809,
Seems it was just this that I got yesterday
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -kb4503327

I guess I will leave it be for the time being.
Presets available for DSI P12, Korg Monologue,U-he Repro/Diva, Audiorealism ABL Pro and Madrona Labs Virta here
https://sellfy.com/BoBSwanS

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”