Ample Sound Acoustic Master Tune

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do the Ample Sound VSTi have a master tune setting hidden away somewhere? I am wanting to detune by a certain number of cents rather than whole semitones. If not, you might check out the tuners on Sugar Bytes Guitarist which allow you to tune each string up or down 100 cents in increments of 1.

Greg Houston wrote:Do the Ample Sound VSTi have a master tune setting hidden away somewhere? I am wanting to detune by a certain number of cents rather than whole semitones. If not, you might check out the tuners on Sugar Bytes Guitarist which allow you to tune each string up or down 100 cents in increments of 1.
Hi,
You can tune a certain sample in cents using tune patch. the examples are available here. http://www.amplesound.net/en/download.asp

Thanks Jie, though my login is not working on the Ample Sound site.

Have reset your passowrd and sent to your mail, please check it.

Using patch script,

Sus-6-0-1-1-115 means:
sus group, 6st string(E1 string), 0 fret, 1st velocity layer(96-126), 1st cycle, 115 means -15 cent.
Sus-5-4-1-1-1 means:
sus group, 5st string(A1 string), 4 fret, 1st velocity layer(96-126), 1st cycle, 1 means +1 cent.

Best regards

Oh Wow. The dat file is a little overwhelming, though it gives you way more control than I ever would have imagined. There are 584 lines to edit! It might be nice if you made a handful of these in the most common tunings, A432, A442, A443, A444, and A445. A430 and A450 would be additional edge cases.

1. I'm not finding ...\Ampleguitar\AGM(AGG AGP AGF)\ins\. I also did searches for tune-1.dat and tune-2.dat on my C drive and didn't find anything. Where should this folder be located in Windows 7?

2. So if I want to detune by 32 cents, do I just replace the last number on all 584 lines with 132?

3. Can you use decimal points, and if so, how many? For example: Sus-6-0-1-1-1317667

4. What is "cycle".

Thanks.

Greg Houston wrote:Oh Wow. The dat file is a little overwhelming, though it gives you way more control than I ever would have imagined. There are 584 lines to edit! It might be nice if you made a handful of these in the most common tunings, A432, A442, A443, A444, and A445. A430 and A450 would be additional edge cases.

1. I'm not finding ...\Ampleguitar\AGM(AGG AGP AGF)\ins\. I also did searches for tune-1.dat and tune-2.dat on my C drive and didn't find anything. Where should this folder be located in Windows 7?

2. So if I want to detune by 32 cents, do I just replace the last number on all 584 lines with 132?

3. Can you use decimal points, and if so, how many? For example: Sus-6-0-1-1-1317667

4. What is "cycle".

Thanks.
1. the folder is the sample library folder you specify during installation
2. right, 132 means detunation of 32 cents. The tune patch is used to tune some certain samples which you think are out of tune. But of course you can tune a bunch of samples whatever you like.
3. Sorry, you can use only integers.
4. We have several samples for a note with same technique, string, fret and velocity layer, which consist of a cycle. For example, the last '1' in Sus-6-0-1-1 means it's the first sample of this cycle.

Return to “Ample Sound”