Warp Time public beta

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys - I just posted another public beta - this one has the initial version of our Warp Time feature

To try out the feature, click on a clip in your edit and go to 'loop properties' in the properties panel - turn on the warp time feature - then place warp markers by clicking in the clip timeline

Tracktion ChangeList

- Performance improvements to file reading that requires sample rate conversion
- Added volume and mute to Step Clips

- Fix for warp time not rendering correctly
- Fix fro previewing loops with different sample rates to the audio device
- Fix for loop preview button and thumbnail updating
- Fix for warp time editor mouse wheel zoom direction
- Reduced the time delay between creating new audio files and being able to play them (warp time, comps, time stretched proxies etc.)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when removing tracks or clips from folder tracks
- Fix for plugin states not copying correctly when drag-copying
- Fix for rack names not updating when changed with audio engine stopped
- Fixed a crash with extreme stretches in warp time
- Disabled warp time when using Melodyne
- Added an option to remove all warp time markers by right clicking a marker

- Fix for warp time not rendering correctly

- New Feature: Warp Time. Warp sections of audio clips from the Loop Settings panel
- Fix for custom plugin menu not showing sub-menus with no plugins
- Fix for deselecting newly created clips
- Fix for clip selection after moving clips between tracks
- Fixed clip paste insertion time when moving the transport cursor from the timeline
- Fix for marker flags not appearing when the marker track is hidden
- Fixed a problem with the search panel tag cloud occasionally not appearing
- Fix for the custom plugin editor expanding when items are added/removed
- Fix for removing tags from the Settings Plugins list
- Made the custom plugin menu editor restore the open/closed state of sub-folders
- Avoided plugin windows appearing always on top of other windows
- Added the ability to remove multiple presets from the search panel
- Added live search to the projects page
Tracktion Software Corporation

Awesome - just cleaned out my preset menu :)

Adding a self created rack from the custom preset menu is still not working for me, I can add one of the built-in ones or one of my own from the browser but not from the menu.

The warp time is great, only problem is the markers are almost invisible with the skin I'm using, can you add an option to change the colour to the colour editor please?

Few hours ago, I was just dreaming about if only tracktion has a warp marker feature and the dream just came true hahahaha. Thx for the feature.

IMO, the warp marker should be adjustable on the track clip instead in the loop properties window for better visibility.

And this Volume Automation bug is still present.

TSC wrote: - Fix for plugin states not copying correctly when drag-copying
Yes!
ibne wrote:
And this Volume Automation bug is still present.
I decided to check this out and couldn't re-create it very well. I would download the link at 4shared.com but I don't want to sign up, maybe you could try with dropbox?

The reason the editor is not currently visible in the standard clip view is because a clip is merely a window to a file - you may not be viewing the entirety of the source file - this creates a ton of complexity and complicated edge cases - its our goal to move in that direction - just going to take some more time. For now, we can use the properties editor to fine tune the functionality :)
Tracktion Software Corporation

TSC wrote:The reason the editor is not currently visible in the standard clip view is because a clip is merely a window to a file - you may not be viewing the entirety of the source file - this creates a ton of complexity and complicated edge cases - its our goal to move in that direction - just going to take some more time. For now, we can use the properties editor to fine tune the functionality :)
OK, don't worry about this and take you time on it, I am just very happy warp marker is implemented.

Kang wrote:I decided to check this out and couldn't re-create it very well. I would download the link at 4shared.com but I don't want to sign up, maybe you could try with dropbox?
Here is the dropbox link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yr1lz6jdilzgx ... x.zip?dl=0

ibne wrote:
Here is the dropbox link
Wow, yeah. Good find. It works fine during playback, but try to render it and it seems to treat the volume automation stutters randomly, often ignoring them completely! I haven't noticed any weirdness with my renders, but this has me a bit worried to say the least.

TSC wrote:The reason the editor is not currently visible in the standard clip view is because a clip is merely a window to a file - you may not be viewing the entirety of the source file - this creates a ton of complexity and complicated edge cases - its our goal to move in that direction - just going to take some more time. For now, we can use the properties editor to fine tune the functionality :)
just sent you my statement via zendesk, but did not read your explanation here (zendesk name: mathias berghoff). now i know, so please disregard my comments on the warpfeature :)

let' see where it evolves in ...

Kang wrote:
ibne wrote:
Here is the dropbox link
Wow, yeah. Good find. It works fine during playback, but try to render it and it seems to treat the volume automation stutters randomly, often ignoring them completely! I haven't noticed any weirdness with my renders, but this has me a bit worried to say the least.
Glad that I found a bug :hihi:

Here on my pc (T6) with full tracks and clips, it is behaving very badly. But on Tracktion 5, it is working fine both playing and Rendering.

ibne wrote:
Glad that I found a bug :hihi:

Here on my pc (T6) with full tracks and clips, it is behaving very badly. But on Tracktion 5, it is working fine both playing and Rendering.
Yep, I just confirmed this as well. I did it with my own files and automation moves. Works fine in T5, not in T6, same exact edit, different renders. It always plays fine for me, but I haven't tried it in a full song context.

Like I said, I haven't noticed my song exports being weird and I have been doing A LOT of mixing. I wonder what/where it is exactly that this weirdness starts? I'm sitting here rendering and exporting single tracks with volume automation and they are always different and never accurate! Surely I would have noticed this in songs... it's a bit troubling. Hope we hear something about this by the next build.

Hi guys, the volume automation bug should be fixed in the next release (6.1.0) as should the loading of plugin presets.

aMUSEd wrote:Adding a self created rack from the custom preset menu is still not working for me, I can add one of the built-in ones or one of my own from the browser but not from the menu.
I can't seem to replicate this. Can you confirm I am following the same steps?
- Create a new Rack and save it as a preset using the "Save" button in the Rack editor window properties panel
- Open a new Edit
- Ensure the "Custom popup menu" option is selected form the Plugins Setting page
- Drag the new plugin generator icon to the track to show the menu
- Choose "Plugin Racks" -> "New from preset" -> "newly saved rack"
- Rack plugin appears on rack with the correct state

Does creating this rack using the standard plugin menus work for you?
Thanks for the help in this, hopefully we should get it sorted soon.

Now I try it I can't replicate it either when making one from scratch, it's just not loading any racks I made in a previous version, so maybe that's the problem?

Actually it doesn't seem to be a consequence of the custom mode, even just using the normal menu popup mode it's not loading my racks.

OK I recorded it to show what I mean

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5646041/T6Racks.m4v

First 2 attempts are a couple of my own racks created a couple of months ago, as you can see they don't do anything when loaded from the menu, third attempt is a built in one for comparison, as you can see that loads fine, then I try loading one of the same ones that failed before from the browser menu and this time it loads.

Return to “Tracktion”