Tracktion and the Mbox

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm considering moving from ProTools LE to Tracktion but only if I can use my Mbox for audio input.

Has anyone been able to make the Mbox work with Tracktion?

Thanks,
LeonD

I have another USB device (Edirol UA-5), which works great. I don't see why the MBox shouldn't work, provided it has ASIO drivers. Have you tried the demo? It's fully features except for intermittent white noise, and should let you figure out any issues before you pay.

Martin
"Life is both a major and a minor key"
-- Travis, Side

Hi Leon,

please let us know if it works.... :D

Martin, thanks for the reply.

I loaded the demo and connected the Mbox. I also enabled Tracktion with Digidesign Audio Core.

When I pull up Traction, the only audio device is built-in audio.

LeonD

LeonD wrote:Martin, thanks for the reply.

I loaded the demo and connected the Mbox. I also enabled Tracktion with Digidesign Audio Core.

When I pull up Traction, the only audio device is built-in audio.

LeonD
Have you checked Tracktion's settings page?

so you're using a mac right????

as far as I know Tracktion doesn't support core audio.... only asio ...but what the hell do I know - I don't have a mac...

you could try to search for a propagama driver - but again.. I don't know if they have mac drivers

sorry
mully

I've never used an mbox so I'm talking out my ass, but my impression was that the DigiDesign stuff was fairly proprietary; that they make it difficult to use mbox with anything other than Pro Tools...?

I am using tracktion on pc with an old audiomedia III with digiasio-drivers; works perfect.
also, tracktion DOES support coreaudio, otherwise it wouldn't work on a mac. I'm using it with the UA-5 and with my VX-pocket.
I'm sure the M-box should work fine, just check the settings page.

on the Mac you have to run the Digidesign Core Audio Setup program (something like that) and tell it which programs you want to use with it. you can also only use one at a time. that means no system sounds and Tracktion coming out of the mbox at the same time.

that's the way I remember it anyway, my mbox has just been collecting dust since I bought it. since it's Digidesign it's way more complicated than it needs to be.

Billy

Thanks for all the replies and help.

I wasn't getting the Mbox as an input or output device on the settings tab. I added the Mbox to the Digidesign Core Audio Setup and the Mbox still wasn't on the settings tab.

So, as all computer users know, when in doubt, reboot. I did and the Mbox appeared on the setting tab. Plugged a guitar in and it recorded no problem.

Thanks again for the help,
Leon

LeonD wrote:when in doubt, reboot.
we huns have a nice way of saying this

WENN NICHT TUT, DANN BOOT

Mbox does have an ASIO driver, and Tracktion attempts to play sounds, though they come out as mostly static. Here's what I'm running:

Tracktion (demo) 1.5.1.6 built 16 April 2004

Windows XP SP1 with all the latest patches.
Pro Tools LE 6.1.1
P3 2.4GHz with 1GB ram
Mbox driver version 6.1.1.53

Tracktion looks cool. I'd buy it in a second if it worked. :(

:shock:

jeff_gady,

Did you try rebooting? That's what worked for me.

I also e-mailed Mackie support. I heard back from them within a day or two. I'd give that a try.

LeonD

I have an Mbox on XP and have never been able to get it to work with Tracktion. If I want to use Tracktion I have to use my Tascam 122 soundcard. :(

Return to “Tracktion”