What are some vst samplers that are modeled after Vintage samplers?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

I know about morgana. I know about the TAL sampler. I love both of those. What else is there? I'm specifically looking for ones that copy the sound or can imitate the sound of old vintage samplers. The more options the better. Please suggest anything. Thanks!!

Cyclone? TX16WX? Not sure if they are actually modeled on the sound part but they behave quite similar.

There's a free EMU sampler software. Don't remember the name.

thanks guys! keep em coming.

yul wrote:Cyclone? TX16WX? Not sure if they are actually modeled on the sound part but they behave quite similar.
Cyclone will give you the hard way to sample, but with the good results of the hard way...if you can get the samples to work correctly. It's a bit of the pain like the old samplers. But that makes it authentic in the end. It's a bit of work though. Emulator is a dying animal because it's just clunky to use and save with..good, but it's showing it's age. You shouldn't disregard newer samplers in that they use models of the older filters and bring in the convenience of easier sampling and/or importing. There really aren't many reasons to stick with an old sampler if you are on a computer.

i goto shortcircuit 1.1.2 for old school sampling. has a great crossfade feature multi timbral, multi outs
and its free.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:i goto shortcircuit 1.1.2 for old school sampling. has a great crossfade feature multi timbral, multi outs
and its free.
They all sound the same, right?

Cyclone is pretty good if you get round the quirky way it requires you to operate it.it has the best pitch shifting (resampling)i have heard out of any of the other plugin offerings.especially when pitched down (keeps the perceived "grind"of periodic sounds and the snap of transients)
I

i use FL studio. Is there a way to get cyclone to work with FL?

ddeez wrote:i use FL studio. Is there a way to get cyclone to work with FL?
I have FL and Cyclone too. What exactly is your problem? Mine works just fine. Remember that it works exactly as the hardware, so its a bit trick to use it.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Morgana, Redux and maybe LinuxSampler

TAL Sampler is a good one as well.

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't think that Shortcircuit, Redux and Linux Sampler are modeled after vintage samplers...

tal-sampler has become my main sampler, really in love with this thing. almost flawless.

Return to “Instruments”