Linux builds overview (2024-02-16)

tasmaniandevil wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:10 am It's just placed in another location in MFM. It can't always be at the exact same spot, since every plugin has a different GUI design.
MFM_CLAP.png

There's a CLAP folder in Bitwig, and the plugin displays a CLAP icon. Easily distinguishable from any other format.
CLAP_icon.png
In MFM2.5, it's almost invisible (old :dog: age) ...maybe the clap spec should have some bright red default text for all things spelled clap at least until Yeinbergaha surrenders.
My Bitwig 4.2.5 8-Track doesn't have a clap listing, so I asked over at the bitwig forum. Thanks for the clarities!

EDIT pdxindy informed that Bitwig 4.3 beta 6 is needed to host clap, available to those with an active update plan.
Cheers
Last edited by glokraw on Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

glokraw wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:46 am My Bitwig 4.2.5 8-Track doesn't have a clap listing, so I asked over at the bitwig forum. Thanks for the clarities!
At this moment you'd have to install the Bitwig 4.3 beta 6 if you want to test the CLAP versions. Remember this is just the very start of CLAP, so it's not available in the official Bitwig release versions yet, it's a very first beta test alongside the official announcement of CLAP.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

All set, found the flatpack bitwig beta in my account, learned the install trick, but then had to google a startup command, "flatpak run com.bitwig.BitwigStudio" wtf?!?!?!?

(yes grandma, you're not the only one who dislikes flatpak :x )

but now I have the clapified Hive up and running, just in time to fall asleep...

Cheers

In the release notes of Bitwig is also a link to a deb file: https://downloads.bitwig.com/4.3%20Beta ... a%206.html

Thanks for the link! cool that they are fixing pipewire issues as they pop up!
I also got a 4.3 beta 7 installed from a flatpack...took me a while to figure out it installed in /var/lib, when the deb has gone to /opt. Thought I was losing some marbles...
Cheers

glokraw wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:22 am Hi, and thanks for working on my request. Unfortunately, it turned up these errors
in terminal output...
The code in skottish's post is a patch (diff), not a complete script. It's a list of changes that you need to apply to the original install.sh. I don't have time to look up instructions right now; maybe skottish will come back with advice, or else I can take a closer look later.

OK, the command line you want is

Code: Select all

patch -b install.sh u-he_clap_only.patch
Then you can try running the modified install.h

(The -b flag makes a backup of the original file. The install.sh file will be modified in place.)

Thanks for your interest and help. Not being a coder, should I place the original script and the new code from skottish in the same folder, and launch your command from there...or something else?

also, should the code from skottish first be named and saved according to conventions
(of which I know not, being a nephew of Sargent Schulz) for use in your command?
Cheers

glokraw wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:20 pm Thanks for your interest and help. Not being a coder, should I place the original script and the new code from skottish in the same folder, and launch your command from there?
Correct.

(And thanks for the reminder: nowadays it's possible to use Linux and not be a coder! We've come a long way in the last decade.)
glokraw wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:20 pmalso, should the code from skottish first be named and saved according to conventions
(of which I know not, being a nephew of Sargent Schulz) for use in your command?
The name of the code from skottish should match the last word of the command line. You can call it whatever you like. I've called it "u-he_clap_only.patch" because that's how it was labelled in skottish's post. But if you prefer a different name, nothing will break.

Updated the first post with the link to the MFM 2.5 RC revision 13385.

Updated the first post with new CLAP previews for ACE, Bazille, Diva and Hive, revision 13510.

For discussion of the betas, check out this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=588919

any ETA on if and when MTS-ESP support will be enabled in the Linux builds?

I can currently use Entonal Studio MTS-ESP Master with Surge XT, Dexed, Monique (alpha/beta) and OB-XD

Thanks

No ETA for that, sorry.

Hello, are there any plans on releasing builds for Uhbik 2 for linux ? It's been like years since the other platforms got Uhbik 2 stuff to evaluate and give feedback on. There seems to be a lot of good things happening with 2.0 but I am just guessing.

We already mentioned it multiple times. Once we resume work on Uhbik 2.0, there will also be beta builds for Linux.
We aim to post betas for all three platforms simultaneously, but sometimes this just isn't possible, e.g. when there are still showstopper bugs in Linux, which simply aren't a problem on Mac or Win, as was the case back then when we posted those very early alphas of Uhbik 2.0.

Return to “u-he Linux support”