UAD still worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

i know im beating a dead horse here... but im going to be me and say it anyways... why did this UA rep even open their mouth and say we have a plugin coming out this week and then two weeks later it isn't ready? Its like when i first started making music and i would tell all my friends song tomorrow when i knew for damn sure it wasn't going to be ready for 2-3 weeks.

UA is 100% cooking up though. they are clearly trying to liquidate their interfaces and sharc satellite cards if you look across the internet. Apollos coming with ua microphones, satellites selling a few hundred dollars off, maybe the delay is bc they want to slow development down before their new big thing to save as many products as possible for that announcement. but this is tin foil hat.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

There a many reasons a plug in port may get delayed. Illness and staffing issues just as likely as technical ones as they have moved a lot over already.

It's hard run a business and even probably to expand from DSP to the Native market. Probably many different things to take into account.

That doesn't explain the Helios port that was aborted hours before launch, with several dealers caught off guard, posting sales webpages and sending out emails, only to have UA disavow and place the blame on them. And we're about to enter the 4th week of the "snag" with no end in sight.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

qtheerearranger wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:16 am UA is 100% cooking up though. they are clearly trying to liquidate their interfaces and sharc satellite cards if you look across the internet. Apollos coming with ua microphones, satellites selling a few hundred dollars off, maybe the delay is bc they want to slow development down before their new big thing to save as many products as possible for that announcement. but this is tin foil hat.
They‘ve always had insane deals. Buy a channel strip, get the DSP card for free. What just doesn’t make a lot of sense is bundling plugins and then discontinuing and inventing new bundles within a few months. Without any sensible upgrade path.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

I wanted to invest more in UAD, but it was hilarious to find out that my previous purchases amounted to a whopping 2 EUR of cross-grade value to a bundle. Really shines a light to reveal the actual monetary worth of their plugins.
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

So the Plugin Alliance's $5 loyalty discount towards the new Kirchoff compressor seems fair in comparison. :P

They are all just pressing out the last juice off their fruits so to say, sad times

UAD not porting stuff to native as expected ,.. the hardware having the future behind it long back

NI, bought up by speculants, just releasing new kompletes with PA-garbadge, no actual NI-news

(and even worse, guess most of us already got the few PA-plugs that makes sense, if any at all)

Steinberg, own half eco-system, Halion failed being standard, and no living community around it

Arturia, again, own eco, suported less than NKS, shameless upgrade price for old cutomers

Having a hard time to decide for a new mother-keyboard etc etc :-)

(or if adding new kontakt libraryes, or komplete-upgrades anymore, at all)

Seems the "big players" on this market are just playing them self out so to say
HM

This is a very interesting interview with UA rep Drew Mazurek. It’s a bit long, but worth the time.

Topics of particular interest are the discussions about the cumulative effect of subtle layers of saturation from vintage analogue gear at different stages of the signal chain, how knowing the gear and its history aids in refining your production, how you don’t need as much EQ and compression when using tape, and about curating and preserving the history of gear and studios through accurate and attentive modeling.

These are all the same things that I’ve talked about here for years.

https://youtu.be/BSYsFyJGUUw

No news about new native releases?

I got the polymax recently and I must say I was a bit disappointed. To my defense, I am not a VA lover (except OBX sound that I love).
Did I miss something?

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:34 am No news about new native releases?
Drew says there are 2 UADx plugins coming “soon.”

I suspect 1 to 2 weeks.

Jac459 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:38 am I got the polymax recently and I must say I was a bit disappointed. To my defense, I am not a VA lover (except OBX sound that I love).
Did I miss something?
I guess it does what it does well and it's simplicity and focus is a positive; I don't think you're missing anything, just not for you.

Jac459 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:38 am I got the polymax recently and I must say I was a bit disappointed. To my defense, I am not a VA lover (except OBX sound that I love).
Did I miss something?
It’s one of the better sounding subtractive software synths - but it’s painfully basic with no modulation slot or after touch. It’s worth $25 or less.

Agree that Polymax sounds pretty good... I haven't actually tried programming it to see whether I find it too limited; the presets seem to cover a good amount of territory.
A well-behaved signature.

Return to “Effects”