Velocity curves

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way of adjusting the velocity curves on any of the Ample range?

In particular I'm using Ample Guitar PF and the sound is generally too loud in the lower-mid area of velocity.
The audible range is fine between 1 and 127 but the velocity response makes it very tricky to play quietly.
A velocity curve would be the perfect thing to fix this, but I can't find one, or in the manual.

richfor wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:11 pm Is there a way of adjusting the velocity curves on any of the Ample range?

In particular I'm using Ample Guitar PF and the sound is generally too loud in the lower-mid area of velocity.
The audible range is fine between 1 and 127 but the velocity response makes it very tricky to play quietly.
A velocity curve would be the perfect thing to fix this, but I can't find one, or in the manual.
You can open the Sample Editor of AGPF, select the notes in the lower-mid area, decrease the gain, and save a tune file when you think it is good.

Hi there, this kind of feature would be very much appreciated especially for acoustic metal and nylon string type of guitars. I tried, even before knowing about this thread, to "edit" the samples, but I found this a bit cumbersome. My preference would be to have a velocity multiplying factor for each string. Example: Low E: v x 0.7, A: v x 0.8, D: v x 0.9, etc. Very simple to implement and can be carried over with each "job". It would minimize note editing in the piano roll.

gtmaz wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:50 am Hi there, this kind of feature would be very much appreciated especially for acoustic metal and nylon string type of guitars. I tried, even before knowing about this thread, to "edit" the samples, but I found this a bit cumbersome. My preference would be to have a velocity multiplying factor for each string. Example: Low E: v x 0.7, A: v x 0.8, D: v x 0.9, etc. Very simple to implement and can be carried over with each "job". It would minimize note editing in the piano roll.
Seems a brilliant idea, I will discuss this with my colleagues.

I'm actually using midi modifiers in Cubase as a workaround at the moment - it sort of works - but unfortunately it has started introducing crashes to the system!! Oh dear..
There are so many VSTs that have their own velocity curves on board (and I alsmot never touch them to be fair!) but Ample VSTs are seriously good in comparison to many competitors and theis feature would really lift the game more!!

Return to “Ample Sound”