The community of composers and arrangers working with Garritan sound libraries has come together to release their fourth annual holiday album, which is freely downloadable in MP3 format at: http://garritan.com/Xmas.html
Nineteen composers from the United States, Great Britain, Iceland, Italy, Canada, Slovenia and Germany have contributed symphony orchestra, pop and big-band jazz arrangements of holiday favorites from around the world, along with new and original compositions.
Listen to the songs over the Internet at work, load them into your iPod or MP3 player, or burn them onto audio CDs to make gifts and stocking stuffers for all the music lovers in your life. The online album is freely available to all.
Cover art and CD label may also be downloaded from the Web site. The album can be played directly on the Web page through the Christmas Player Flash application. There are also links to Christmas music from prior years and music from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Ballet. A limited number of pressed and packaged compact discs will also be available.
A Garritan Community Christmas, Volume 4 is a unique musical project that would have been impossible a few short years ago. A community of professional and amateur composers and arrangers from all over the world met online and agreed to submit their own recordings of holiday pieces, to be freely distributed on the Internet.
The result is the fourth volume of a holiday musical tradition like no other. Each of these recordings was made not with live orchestras in vast, complex recording studios; but, rather, was created by a single person working alone with a personal computer. What they have in common is Garritan's Personal Orchestra.
A Garritan Community Christmas, Volume 4. The Music:
- I Saw Three Ships Medley by John Raybould
- O Little Town of Bethlehem by Dan Kury
- Christmastime by Gunther Bombe
- Förunderligt och Märkligt by Ken Weissman
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by Randy Bowser
- Carol of the Birds by Dan Powers
- Ave Maria by Laurence Harvey
- Angels We Have Heard On High by Keith Walls
- Come, O Come Emmanuel by Karen Peace
- Silent Night by Tim Cohen
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing by Gary Shannon
- The Shepherds' Lonely Vigil by Jerry Wickham
- O Come All Ye Faithful by Michael Bolt
- Forest Green by Stefan Kristinsson
- Sleep, O Sleep, My Lovely Child by Jack Cannon
- Nations Awake by Matej Hrovat
- Lieti Pastori by Fabio Vicentini
- Deck the Halls by Toby Bresnahan
- Christmas Festival Overture by Colton Provias