22nd April 2010
Garritan has announced that the new 3rd edition of its Jazz & Big Band collection is available now in a download version. Garritan Jazz & Big Band 3 is now powered by the ARIA Instrument Engine and adds new features, new instrument sounds and updated programming at a lower price. Existing users of previous versions of Jazz & Big Band 3 can download the upgrade for $49.95. New customers can purchase and get it for $149.95.
- New ARIA Advanced Instrument Engine – ARIA, the instrument engine developed in collaboration with Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. ARIA is intuitive, efficient and versatile, loads instruments quickly, and places very low demand on your computer's processor. The ARIA engine has been rigorously tested and is widely used in products by Microsoft, SONY, AKAI, MakeMusic (Finale) and other industry leaders.
- New Price - Instant Download - JABB 3 is more affordable, eco-friendly, and available on demand. Simply download and play. The entire JABB3 sample collection can be downloaded with a fast internet connection, dramatically reducing the product's environmental impact and eliminating the waiting time associated with shipping.
- Additional Sounds & Ensemble Presets - JABB 3 includes additional instruments such as organs, slap basses and harmonica. There are also extended ranges for select instruments and Ensemble Presets.
- Auto Legato - JABB3's new Auto Legato intelligently detects when you are playing a smooth line with overlapping notes and automatically applies correct legato transitions between notes. Auto Legato also makes playable trills extremely easy.
- Integrated Ambience Reverb & Stereo Stage - JABB3 now integrates the high quality Ambience reverb with the ARIA Player with individual mixing sends for each instrument. Stereo Stage imparts spacious stereo imagery for JABB instruments.
- MIDI Playback and Recording Features - The Standalone ARIA Player allows you to load and playback MIDI files. You can also produce audio recordings of the MIDI file or record yourself playing live.
- Designed for Compatibility - JABB runs on both Macintosh and Windows and a variety of formats to fit your workstation and your workflow (VST, RTAS and Audio Units). It supports 64-bit platforms in Windows (works in Windows 7). JABB3 is further optimized for use with the AKAI EWI Wind Controllers and integrates with popular notation programs such as Finale 2010.
- Graceful & Easy Authorization - ARIA authorization employs a personalized digital keycard. Simply drag and drop the personalized graphic card onto the ARIA Instrument Engine to authorize it and get playing in seconds.
This library contains over 60 individual instruments, and each instrument offers a great deal of real-time control. Techniques unique to a particular instrument type are also represented (e.g. trumpet falloffs, doits, and even the characteristic "kiss" or "rip") - all applied as needed by the user. Certain features, like trumpet and trombone "shakes" can be tailored to specific needs rather than limited to switchable recordings of particular shakes and the feature is now much easier to use than in previous versions of the library.
A DVD version is coming soon.
23 Jan 2014 Garritan Abbey Road CFX Concert Grand Announced
24 Jan 2013 MakeMusic announces Garritan Harps Sound Library
25 Nov 2010 Garritan releases World Instruments
30 Jun 2010 Garritan releases Concert & Marching Band 2
22 Apr 2010 Garritan releases Jazz & Big Band v3.0 (JABB3)
18 Jan 2009 Garritan announces Orchestral Strings 2
18 Jan 2009 Garritan announces World Instruments
17 Dec 2008 Garritan announces 7-Day Holiday $99.99 Sale
21 Jan 2008 Garritan announces Virtual Pipe Organs
21 Jan 2008 Garritan debuts ARIA Sample Engine at NAMM
19 Jun 2013 Time+Space announce 30% off Garritan Instruments
18 Jan 2012 MakeMusic, Inc. acquires Garritan Corporation
14 Jul 2008 MakeMusic announces Finale 2009