27th February 2008
Admiral Quality has released version 1.1 of Poly-Ana. The evaluation period has been reset so if you tried it before and it expired, even in the recent Beta, you can try it again for one more week, free and fully functioning.
Poly-Ana 1.1 is completely patch compatible with version 1.0, and adds the following new features:
- VST 2.4 compatible.
- Filter Cutoff and Resonance Gang buttons. Filter 2 can follow Filter 1's CF and Resonance controls.
- Cutoff knob smoothing, no more "zipper noise" when automating filter sweeps.
- Oscillator Phase Retrigger buttons. (For a demo try turning on all 3 on the "Default Synth Brass" patch.)
- Oscillator Phase Offset knob. Used to control starting phase of retriggered waveform. Also note the FM effect on the oscillator when knob is being moved.
- Oscillator PWM Source and Amount controls now share double duty with new PM (Phase Mod) controls. This opens up the world of "FM Synthesis" to Poly-Ana, but controlled in the familiar, classic analog style.
- Quality control has moved to front panel and is now automatically adaptive to different project sample rates. The default 192 setting is the same as the old default of 4X at 44.1kHz or 48kHz. Note that while you can select, save and recall settings below your project sample rate, Poly-Ana can't actually render audio below the host's project sample rate.
- Analog drift knob. Randomly detunes the oscillator pitches and filter cutoffs over time.
- Saturation button. A "smooth" saturator. Limits Poly-Ana's output to max at 0 dB. Not recommended as a substitute for a real mastering compressor, but can be used as a hard clipping effect (see the "MDK Kick" preset).
- DC Cut button. Removes unwanted DC levels from output. On by default.
- Pink Noise available now as well as White Noise.
- Amplifier Pan Modulations now share double duty with new Amplitude Modulation.
- Anti-click filter button added to Amplifiers.
- Added 3 way rectifier switch to Mod Mixers. Adds Fullwave or Halfwave Rectification between the S&H and the Lag filter.
- FX version no longer rectifies the IN-1 and IN-2 audio input modulation sources. You can use the new rectifier in the mod mixers to create this effect now, or use the full positive to negative range of the input waveform.
- Fixed bug involving pitchbend initialization across multiple MIDI channels.
- Fixed a voice assignment bug in PUNI mode.
- Fixed problem with optional Mod Source dropdowns not matching dials on some settings.
- Fixed bug in MIDI polyphonic pressure messages, poly-pressure now works as it should.
- User-customizable .png format background images.
02 Dec 2013 Admiral Quality half price sale till year end
07 Dec 2012 Admiral Quality Holiday Half Price Sale
04 Jul 2008 Admiral Quality updates Poly-Ana to v1.13
01 Jul 2008 Admiral Quality updates Poly-Ana to v1.12
11 Mar 2008 Admiral Quality updates Poly-Ana to v1.11
27 Feb 2008 Admiral Quality releases Poly-Ana v1.1
03 Apr 2007 Admiral Quality releases Poly-Ana v1.0