15th December 2010
Full iPad Support
Now a "universal" app supporting iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, AmpKit 1.1 is available for free to everyone who already purchased AmpKit or AmpKit+ for iPhone/iPod touch. In addition, any gear (i.e., amps, pedals, mics) that users already purchased can be easily shared across devices using AmpKit's Restore Purchases functionality. With AmpKit, users never pay twice for the same gear, even if they have both iPhone/iPod touch and iPad devices.
AmpKit 1.1 leverages the iPad's seamless rotation between landscape and portrait orientations and takes full advantage of the iPad's larger display. For example, you can view an entire amp and pedals setup while simultaneously modifying gear settings, or view as many as 15 setups or presets at once without scrolling. AmpKit 1.1 provides users with an interactive experience that includes beautiful amp and pedal artwork designed specifically for iPad.
"This is a huge update to AmpKit," commented Jack Ivers, a principal at Agile Partners. "AmpKit 1.1 raises the bar in a serious way with a beautiful iPad interface and a ton of new features for all iOS users: post-amp effects which bumps up audio quality significantly, audio copy and paste which connects AmpKit with dozens of excellent iOS apps, setup sharing, direct access to music from your iPod library, and more. Finally, AmpKit 1.1 demonstrates our commitment to expanding AmpKit's gear offerings, with three superbly executed new components: the American Acoustic amp and the Tremo-LOL and Wahba Doo pedals."
Audio Copy & Paste: One of the major new features in AmpKit 1.1 is audio copy and paste. AmpKit users can now copy AmpKit recordings and paste them into other apps such as Sonoma's FourTrack and StudioTrack apps or Harmonicdog's MultiTrack DAW. You can also paste audio from other apps into AmpKit as either backing tracks or dry guitar audio. AmpKit supports both Sonoma's AudioCopy/AudioPaste standard and Apple's General Pasteboard, for maximum compatibility with other iOS audio apps.
AmpKit introduces three new pieces of gear in Version 1.1:
- American Acoustic: Specifically designed for the electro-acoustic guitarist, this new amp has 16 built-in acoustic-friendly effects and an ultra-crisp PA simulation cabinet.
- Tremo-LOL: A new Tremolo pedal with American and British tremolo modes in a single unit.
- Wahba Doo: Three wahs in one: envelope filter, auto-wah, and manual wah with accelerometer tilt support.
New Ways to Buy Gear
AmpKit 1.1 includes three new bundles featuring discounts ranging from 50% to almost 70% compared to individual component prices. You can buy almost every item in AmpKit's extensive Gear Store via these highly discounted bundles:
- The Effector Pack: 6 stomp-boxes including delay, reverb, octave, tremolo, vibrato, and wah.
- The Clean & Classic Pack: Six amps and eight effects pedals tailored for clean, vintage, and acoustic styles.
- The Power Pack: Six amps with a penchant for gain, plus eight additional gain and compression effect pedals.
- Post-Amp Effects: You can now place pedals both before and after the amp in the effects chain, enabling major improvements in audio quality and many effects, including reverb and delay.
- Instant Access to iPod Music Library: No lengthy process here - just select a song from your iPod library and jam along instantly.
- Setup Sharing, Favorites and Locking: You can now email your setups and presets, "star" your favorites, and lock setups to prevent accidental modification.
- QuickJump: Jump easily from one favorite setup or preset to another without leaving your gear display.
- Recording Enhancements: AmpKit now provides an enhanced composite waveform that shows both wet and dry levels on the same display, and you can flick-scroll recordings.
- Rotation Support for iPhone/iPod touch: You can now use AmpKit with your iPhone or iPod touch inverted which enables better cable routing in many instances.
09 Apr 2013 Peavey Electronics Now Shipping AmpKit LiNK HD
20 Jan 2011 Peavey announces Xport USB Guitar Interface
13 May 2009 Peavey releases RTAS version of ReValver Mk III
20 Jun 2008 Peavey releases ReValver MKIII
21 Apr 2008 Peavey releases ReValver Mk III demo