22nd October 2010
Antares Audio Technologies has announced the release of Auto-Tune 7, the next generation of the worldwide standard in professional pitch correction.
Hailed at its introduction as a "Holy Grail of recording," Auto-Tune has stood for well over a decade as the professional pitch correction tool of choice. Now, with its new-from-the-ground-up time manipulation capabilities, Auto-Tune 7 brings the same combination of power, superb audio quality and ease of use to rhythmic editing.
Like previous versions of Auto-Tune, Auto-Tune 7 provides the ability to correct the pitch of a voice or solo instrument in real time, without distortion or artifacts, while preserving all of the expressive nuance of the original performance. It is also the ideal tool of choice for creating the iconic Auto-Tune Vocal Effect (the Cher/T-Pain-style effect).
By far the most dramatic addition to Auto-Tune 7 is its entirely new time correction and manipulation system. Seamlessly integrated into the Graphical Mode interface, Auto-Tune 7's time control capabilities allow users to quickly and easily edit the timing of their vocals right along with their pitch.
Auto-Tune 7 also features the second generation of Antares' Evo Voice Processing Technology, offering even more natural pitch shifting and throat modeling, the ability to use MIDI to define target notes in Graphical Mode, as well as a host of time-saving workflow enhancements.
Key New Auto-Tune 7 features include:
- Integrated time correction and manipulation: Auto-Tune 7's time control capabilities combine a high-quality time shifting algorithm with an intuitive user interface designed to make it quick and easy to correct timing errors or exercise your creative imagination. Auto-Tune 7's time manipulation functions include the ability to move a point in time within a selected range as well as move a range in time within a larger range. The nondestructive time functions have their own Undo/Redo controls independent of the pitch correction controls and an Enable button that allows users to instantly switch between their original audio and their time shifted audio.
- Evo Voice Processing Technology: In 2008, Auto-Tune Evo introduced Antares' Evo Voice Processing Technology for pitch detection, pitch shifting, and formant processing. In the intervening years, Evo Voice Processing Technology has been integrated into Antares' full line of vocal processing tools. Now, with Auto-Tune 7, Antares is introducing the second generation of Evo Voice Processing Technology, offering even more natural pitch shifting and throat modeling over a wider transposition range.
- Create target notes from MIDI in Graphical Mode: When tracking pitch in Graphical Mode, Auto-Tune 7 will record any MIDI note information routed to it (either from another MIDI track or live from a MIDI controller) and (optionally) display the data on the Pitch Graph Display. One can then use the new Make Notes From MIDI function to convert the MIDI information into Note Correction Objects. Perfect for fine-tuning the Auto-Tune Vocal Effect or even completely redefining melodies.
- Adjust Throat Length on an individual correction object basis: To give users maximum control over the timbre of their vocal tracks, Throat Length Adjustment is now an independent property of each individual correction object (Curve, Line or Note). While the overall Throat Length is still set by the master Throat Length knob, each correction object can have its own independent adjustment (either longer or shorter) as desired.
- Enhanced Amplitude Envelope Display: Whenever time control is enabled, the Amplitude Envelope Display will display both the original audio and the time-shifted audio, updating in real time as edits are made. So users will always be able to see at a glance the results of their time edits relative to the original audio.
- Enhanced Graphical Mode Adjust Vibrato function: Auto-Tune 7's new Adjust Vibrato let's users modify the depth of any natural vibrato in their original performance. And since it is additive, acting on any already existing correction object, they are free to work on pitch correction and vibrato adjustment in any order desired.
- Amplitude envelope in the graphical editing window: A display of the tracked audio's amplitude envelope now appears as a background element in the graphical editing window. While its primary function is to help make precise selections for time shifting, since it is always visible in the center of the window, it provides a helpful indication of the presence of tracked audio, even if that audio is currently beyond the upper or lower boundaries of the window.
- Expanded keyboard shortcuts: Auto-Tune 7's Key Binding system has been expanded to allow custom keyboard access to the new time manipulation tools and controls.
- Smooth continuous scrolling of graphical audio data: With Auto Scroll enabled in Graphical Mode, the graphical data will scroll smoothly across the screen during playback, maintaining the currently playing audio at the vertical center of the window.
- The option to display the graphical timeline in bars and beats: Primarily designed as reference for time manipulation, users can now display the graphical timeline in either absolute time or as bars and beats relative to your project's tempo.
- Increased vertical zoom range in Graphical Mode: For ease of extremely precise pitch editing, one can now zoom all the way in to the one-cent-per-pixel level.
"We are extremely excited about the release of Auto-Tune 7," said Marco Alpert, Antares VP of Marketing. "In designing the new Auto-Tune 7 time manipulation functions, we focused equally on providing the superb audio quality Auto-Tune is renown for, as well as creating a context-sensitive user interface that is smooth and intuitive, never breaking your creative flow with the need to constantly switch tools or remember command keys to temporarily change functions. Based on early user feedback (and our own experience), we feel confident that we succeeded."
Pricing & Availability
Auto-Tune 7 is available now for RTAS (Mac OSX and PC), VST (Mac OSX and PC) and Audio Units (Mac OS X) at a U.S. MSRP of $399.00. TDM versions for Mac and PC will be available in November for an MSRP of $649.00 . All Macintosh versions are universal binaries.
Upgrades to Auto-Tune 7 are available for purchase and download by current registered Auto-Tune owners.
12 Jun 2012 Antares updates Auto-Tune 7 RTAS & TDM to v7.1.3
10 Apr 2012 Antares updates Auto-Tune 7 to v7.1.2
07 Oct 2011 Antares releases Auto-Tune EFX 2 (v2.0.1)
14 Jan 2011 Antares releases Auto-Tune EFX Vocal Toolkit
02 Nov 2010 Antares releases Mic Mod EFX
22 Oct 2010 Antares Audio Technologies releases Auto-Tune 7
11 Mar 2010 Antares updates Auto-Tune Evo for Mac to v6.10
03 Nov 2009 Antares updates Harmony EFX to v1.05
06 Oct 2009 Antares Audio Technologies announces Harmony EFX
16 Apr 2013 Hal Leonard publishes "Mastering Auto-Tune"
19 Jan 2012 Auto-tune For Guitar is here
23 Jul 2009 ASK Video announces Auto-Tune Tutorial DVD
07 May 2008 Antares Auto-Tune 5 Now Available on Receptor