The update mainly improves compatibility with additional VST plug-ins (including VST Shells), adds support for virtual instruments hosting, tempo synchronization and more (full list below). A free add-on skin is now available for download to streamline the usage of the plug-in in single band (broadband) mode.
The plug-in can be purchased alone or as part of three bundles: Blue Cat's Energy Pack, Blue Cat's MB Dynamix Pack or Blue Cat's All Plug-ins Pack, the complete Blue Cat Audio collection bundle. The special introduction offer (20% off) is still available until September 30th.
Demo versions are available for download on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats, for both Mac and PC (32 and 64-bit).
New Features from 2.0 to 2.03:
- The plug-in can now host VST instruments.
- Added support for plug-ins bundled into a VST Shell.
- hosted VST plug-ins can now sync with the host's tempo.
- AudioSuite support (offline processing) for the AAX version.
Plug-ins Compatibility Improvements:
- Some VST plug-ins that required tempo sync used to crash on load or produce no sound.
- Fixed compatibility issues with FabFilter plug-ins.
- Some VST plug-ins used to crash when reloading a Pro Tools session in Pro Tools 11.
- Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.5 or newer.
- Windows PC running Windows XP or newer.
Pricing (until September 30th):
- Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer 2: €74 or $96 (instead of €99 or $129).
- Blue Cat's MB Dynamix Pack: €207 or $271 (instead of €259 or $339).
- Blue Cat's Energy Pack: €279 or $367 (instead of €349 or $459).
- Blue Cat's All Plug-ins Pack: €799 or $1039 (instead of €999 or $1299).
Upgrade from Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer 1: €19 or $25.
20 Mar 2014 Blue Cat Audio Updates 8 Audio Plug-Ins