Blue Cat Audio has released a new version of its multiband processing plug-ins bundle, Blue Cat's MB Dynamix Pack. This upgrade introduces a new plug-in: a dual channel version for Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer. It also includes several enhancements for all plug-ins, bringing better performance and precision to streamlined multiband side chaining capabilities.
Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer splits the signal into several frequency bands and lets the user mix them as if they were separate tracks. The plug-in also proposes linking and grouping options within a single instance, or between several instances, on multiple tracks. It can be used for multiple applications from mixing to mastering, or audio restoration. The new dual channel version introduced in this update offers separate controls for Left/Right or Mid/Side channels, allowing for a full remix of the stereo field.
Blue Cat's MB-5 Dynamix is a comprehensive multiband dynamics processor that can act as a multiband compressor, limiter, expander, gate, waveshaper, or all at once - with up to 5 separate bands. Its advanced internal side chaining capabilities enable creative interactions between spectral bands or audio channels.
What's uncommon about these plug-ins is that they can be connected together and interact with each other in order to create unlimited multiband side chain dynamics effects and this update brings several improvements for this capability.
What's new for both plug-ins:
- Output data rate (MIDI CC or automation) can now be customized, from 20 to 500 Hz.
- Increased the default output data rate (from 20 to 50 Hz) for smoother side chaining and more precise spectrum display.
- Windows: improved settings dialog loading time.
- Mac: global user interface performance improvement (up to 20% lighter on CPU).
What's new in Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer 1.1:
- A "dual channel" version of the plug-in is now available. It can process the left/right or mid/side channels separately.
Price: The plug-ins can be purchased together or separately. The upgrade is free for existing customers. Demo versions of the plug-ins can we downloaded on www.bluecataudio.com for VST, Audio Unit, RTAS or DirectX compatible applications, on both PC and Mac (32 or 64-bit).