FabFilter has updated the FabFilter Twin 2 synthesizer plug-in to version 2.10, adding a new "wide" user interface layout, various bug fixes and other improvements. The new wide interface layout eliminates scrolling in the innovative component display, making it even easier to use than before. Of course, the update is free for existing Twin 2 users.
Here is a full list of the changes in FabFilter Twin 2.10:
- Added a new "wide" layout for the interface that eliminates scrolling in the component display in the top half of the synthesizer.
- Made the EG control points a bit bigger in the interface, so they're easier to grab.
- The plug-in is now Unicode-aware and correctly handles international characters on both Windows and Mac OS X, for example in preset folders and file names.
- Improved mouse wheel scrolling and editing behavior.
- Fixed bug that caused the XLFO Phase Offset parameter to work incorrectly in combination with random steps. Also improved sonic behavior when dragging the phase offset across its "circular" boundary.
- Fixed incorrect redrawing in the plug-in interface that could occur in some cases in Pro Tools on Mac, for example when selecting <factory default> from the Pro Tools-provided presets menu in the plug-in header.
- Fixed bug that caused the help file to open only in the first instance of the plug-in.
FabFilter Twin 2 is now available for €119 / $164 / £104, supporting both Windows and Mac OS X in VST and VST 3, RTAS and Audio Units plug-in formats (32- and 64-bit). Bundles with FabFilter Twin 2 and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available.