29th July 2013
Madrona Labs has updated Aalto, the semi-modular, patchable synthesizer for Mac OS X and Windows, to version 1.4. The new version offers compatibility improvements, as well as over 100 new presets, improved integration with their Soundplane controller, and several features requested by users.
Aalto 1.4 changes:
- Over 100 new presets.
- KEY module now recognizes MIDI sustain messages.
- Fixed LFO self loop problem.
- SEQ: quantize now snaps to current scale in KEY module.
- Touches over OSC / Soundplane are now quantized on release.
- Fixed problem scanning MIDI programs in MainStage.
- Fixed possible crash with preset menu in MainStage.
- Fixed unison mode for OSC / Soundplane.
- Fixed zipper noise in OSC / Soundplane input.
- Fixed possible OSC-related crash in Ableton Live.
- Fixed a problem with OSC / Soundplane input when UI was not open.
- Fixed a problem loading presets with default tuning.
- Fixed a problem where window could become stuck after maximizing.
Aalto 1.4 is a free update for all current Aalto owners. Madrona Labs sells a dual-platform Aalto license (Mac / Windows) for $99.
Through July 30, 2013, Aalto is still on sale for $50, or half off the regular price.