17th December 2008
Sonoma Wire Works has released a free update for RiffWorks Standard recording software (Windows & Mac). RiffWorks Standard v2.5 offers new features like export, 32-bit recording and 32-bit mix.
RiffWorks Standard v2.5 Improvements Include:
- New Export Options:
- Export Current Riff - Export all the layers of the currently selected Riff as Acidized .wav files including the InstantDrummer and Metronome. Files can then be imported into any DAW.
- Export All Riffs - Exports all riffs from a song as .wav files into separate file folders.
- Sonoma 7 VST Plugin - The 7 effects from RiffWorks as a VST Plugin. Effects presets are saved during export for access from the Sonoma 7 VST plugin in your DAW. This plugin is available for free to all RiffWorks Standard users as a separate download.
- 32-bit Recording and Export - RiffWorks has always done all processing at 32-bit, but audio files were saved as 16-bit for space and performance reasons. 32-bit file recording is now available as an option in the Audio Setup Window. 32-bit provides the highest recording quality, but takes twice as much disk space.
- 32-bit Mix - The option to mix a 32-bit floating point .wav file allows users to take their final mix into a mastering program at the highest quality.
- Improved Master Output Compressor/Limiter* - All new program-dependent master output compressor/limiter increases overall output level and eliminates pumping and breathing at high output levels.
- Improved Compressor* - New algorithm improves compressors on Layers and Riffs.
- FourTrack Import* - RiffWorks Standard and RiffWorks T4 v2.5 automatically detect and import tracks, complete with gain and pan settings, directly from the FourTrack iPhone application using Bonjour on Mac and Windows.
- RiffLink Progress Bar* - The RiffLink online collaboration feature built into RiffWorks now includes a progress bar during song loading.
- Bug fixes:
- RiffLink performance*
- Sound improvements*
- RiffEffects on SongLayers*
- Export/Import SongLayers*
* Improvements marked with an asterisk are also included in the RiffWorks T4 v2.5 (free edition) update.
12 Oct 2011 Sonoma Wireworks releases "GuitarTone" for iOS