Felt Tip Software has begun beta testing version 3.0 of Sound Studio, their audio recording/editing application for Mac OS X. Version 3 adds support for Audio Units, AAC encoding, MP3 encoding (if LAME.framework is installed), and multi-track support.
Sound Studio v2.2.4 Features
- 24-bit / 96 kHz sample quality, in stereo or mono.
- Low latency monitoring, using Core Audio.
- Automatic recording starting and stopping based on timers or audio levels (a.k.a. VOX).
- Sample-accurate edits.
- Markers (a.k.a. Cue Points) with text labels.
- Time ruler with units for video and film.
- Dual waveform view: upper overview shows entire file, lower view shows magnified view of audio.
- Copy-and-paste editing.
- Basic mixing edits.
- Dynamics: Compressor, Expander, and Noise Gate.
- Equalization: Graphic EQ, Low Pass Filter, and High Pass Filter.
- Delay: Chorus, Flanger, Echo, and Reverb.
- Volume: Amplify, Fade In/Out/Special, and Normalize.
- Repair: Interpolate, Silence, DC Offset, and Swap Channels. Repair clicks and pops by interpolating samples or silencing them.
- Tone, FM, and noise generators.
- Pitch adjustment.
- AIFF (.aif) and AIFF-C (.aifc) with compression including IMA 4:1.
- AAC and MP3 (importing only).
- Sound Designer II.
- Wave (.wav, PCM only).
- Tab-delimited text (export only).