2nd April 2007
Tascam and Frontier Design Group have announced that FireOne, the new FireWire audio interface that combines stereo audio I/O with a "great-looking and feeling" control interface, is now shipping, with an MSRP of $399. Better still, the FireOne includes a copy of Live Lite 6 TASCAM Edition, the music creation, production and performance software from Ableton.
The FireOne features a pair of mic inputs with phantom power, pad and line switches. A guitar input switch for recording direct and MIDI input and output are also provided. It will be the first FireWire interface in its class to record and play at up to 192kHz/24-bit resolution (with a future free software update). In addition to its weighted & backlit jog wheel, the FireOne has transport keys and eight shortcut keys to control functions in audio applications like Logic Pro, SONAR, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer, and Live.
- 2-in / 2-out FireWire Audio Interface.
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit audio resolution.
- Two XLR mic inputs with phantom power and pad.
- 1/4" high impedance input for recording guitar direct.
- Two 1/4" stereo headphone outputs.
- Weighted, backlit jog wheel.
- Transport control keys: rewind, fast-forward, stop, play, record.
- Headphone output with level control.
- Eight DAW shortcut keys.
- Stereo LED meter.
- MIDI in and out.
- 1/4" Footswitch input.
- Buss powered through the FireWire connection or use the included power supply.
- 192kHz support planned for a future software update.
Main features of Live Lite 6 TASCAM Edition:
- Elastic Audio including Auto Warp, which automatically detects the tempo of audio material and sets Warp Markers.
- A versatile, comprehensive collection of sounds.
- Real-time control.
- Full Arranger Editing.
- 22 Live Audio effects.
- 6 Live MIDI effects.
- VST support for instruments and third party effects.
- 'Simpler' instrument for creative sample-based synthesis.
- 'Impulse' instrument for dynamic percussion sound design.
- Supports Windows XP/SP2, Mac OSX (PPC and Intel).
10 Dec 2010 Tascam releases Portastudio for iPad
19 May 2008 Tascam releases GigaStudio 4
05 Oct 2007 Tascam announces GigaStudio 4
24 Aug 2007 TASCAM releases Continuous Velocity Piano (GVI)
14 Aug 2007 Tascam updates GVI to v3.64
23 Jul 2007 Tascam updates GVI to v3.63
31 Jan 2007 Tascam announces 6 GIGA Virtual Instruments
11 Dec 2006 Tascam updates GigaStudio to v3.21
06 Mar 2014 Novation announces Launchpad S Control Pack
17 Feb 2014 e-instruments releases Studio Bass for Live 9
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim
04 Feb 2014 Ableton updates Live 8 to v8.4.2
23 Jan 2014 Ableton updates Live 9 to v9.1.1
20 Dec 2013 Standard Beat Co. 50% Off Holiday Sale