The product of a collaboration between Antares and Tascam, the TA-1VP is a single-rack-space vocal processor for live performance, house of worship or studio use. The TA-1VP combines Antares' world-renowned Auto-Tune Evo pitch correction and TEC-Award-winning Microphone Modeler technologies with state-of-the-art vocal processing modules and a high-quality microphone preamp to give musicians and engineers everything they need to create stunning vocal tracks in any musical style.
The TA-1VP features:
- Auto-Tune Evo Real-time Pitch Correction - Antares' Auto-Tune technology lets users correct the pitch of vocals (or solo instruments), in real time, without distortion or artifacts, while preserving all of the expressive nuance of the original performance.
- Antares Microphone Modeling - Microphone Modeler technology allows users to give their vocal tracks the characteristics of a variety of high-end studio mics as well as adjust the proximity effect associated with mic distance.
- Analog Tube Modeling - Gives vocals the warmth of a classic tube preamp.
- Variable Knee Compressor - A state-of-the-art dynamics processor with threshold, ratio, attack and decay controls as well as a continuously variable knee characteristic.
- Downward Expanding Gate - The TA-1VP's gate, with threshold and ratio controls, works independently of the compressor to eliminate noise and breath sounds.
- Variable Frequency De-Esser - The TA-1VP's de-esser tames vocal sibilance with threshold, ratio, attack and decay controls as well as a variable highpass frequency to match any vocal performance.
- Flexible Parametric EQ - Allows fine-tuning vocal sounds with two independent bands of equalization offering 6dB or 12 dB high or low cut, high or low shelving with variable slope, bandpass, notch and fully parametric peaking.
- Automatic Mono or Stereo Double Tracking - Automatically mix a doubled track into the TA-1VP's main output or route it to a separate output for post-processing and mixing.
- Fully Programmable - Every parameter can be saved as a preset for instant recall.
- Factory Presets for a Wide Variety of Vocal Styles - The TA-1VP comes out-of-the-box with an extensive collection of factory presets for a variety of vocal styles.
- MIDI Automation - Every variable module parameter can be controlled via MIDI continuous controllers for realtime automation.
- XLR microphone input with phantom power.
- SPDIF digital output.
- Extreme Ease of Use - No scrolling though endless menus to find the parameters. Virtually every major function is only a single button press away.
The TA-1VP will be available from authorized Tascam dealers worldwide. Pricing has not been announced.