13th January 2011
European distributor Time+Space has announced that Rob Papen will be unveiling his brand new virtual synth, Punch, at NAMM 2011 today which combines sampled and synthesized drums in a high quality percussive instrument.
With Punch, Rob Papen delivers a brand new speaker busting, body rattling software instrument. Punch delivers synthesized drums in the finest audio quality and with features for the contemporary producer.
You can can use synthesis to build your own unique sounding drum-kit, but also your own samples can be loaded into Punch to complete your kit. Your sounds can then be crafted using the features, filters and synth power we all know from other RP synthesizers.
Punch has a unique sound but also a built in sequencer, allowing you the user to have multiple patterns at your finger tips. These grooves can be triggered in a live environment to build a song, but are also great for just improvisation and jamming.
Also featured are drum-kits built by famous DJs.
- 2 Bass Drum with 4 different models and 18 built in samples.
- 2 Snare Drum with 2 models and 33 built in samples.
- 2 Open Hihat and 2 Closed Hihat, with 3 models and 12 built in samples.
- 3 Toms with 2 models and 8 built in samples.
- 2 Claps with 3 models, and 13 built in samples.
- 3 User Drum, with 5 models and 37 samples.
- 8 Dual Sample slot, each with there own amp / pitch envelopes & filter and filter envelope.
- Each drum has its own 'easy controls', distortion (20 different models), output destination (to dry or any of the 4 fx / output channels), and choke groups.
- Each drum can be preview and selected by clicking in the Drum Preview Pad.
- Punch has its own internal sequencer which can play 8 different patterns of up to 16 steps long (4 Grooves & 4 Break patterns), these having a swing and humanization controls.
- Each pattern is composed of 4 tracks, each track having it's own drum output.
- Each step in each track can have different velocity, panning, pitch, envelope speed & flaming, and each pattern also has two free step values which can be used to modulate controls.
- Punch has 2 envelopes, 2 LFOs and 8 modulation slots, which allow you to use a wide variety of modulation sources to control Punch's parameters.
- The Mixer screen shows the volume & panning of all the controls, plus the fx mix & panning, allows you to easily mix the drum sounds.
- Easy to use sliders allow to alter the main controls on the fly during use.
FX 1 to 4:
- 4 FX, each with 25 different type of fx (delays, reverbs, chorus, distortions, etc.), which can arrange in 5 different ways. In the multi-channel version of Punch, these fx are output to the different output channels.
- Full Manager screen, which show you all the presets, banks & presets, allow you to load, save, copy & paste etc them, including the powerful find function.
Pricing & Availability
Punch will be shipping in Spring 2011 priced at £125 / €149 (RRP). It will be available for Windows and Mac OS X UB in VST, AU and RTAS instrument plug-in formats.
29 Nov 2012 Rob Papen releases "RP-Distort RE" for Reason
16 Nov 2012 Rob Papen updates SubBoomBass to v1.1.2
04 Oct 2012 Rob Papen updates Predator to v1.6.3
31 Aug 2012 Rob Papen releases "Predator - RE" for Reason
29 Mar 2012 Rob Papen releases Blade - Additive Synth
14 Mar 2012 Rob Papen updates Punch Drum Synth to v1.0.3
11 Jan 2012 Rob Papen Albino for Mac updated to v3.1.5
20 Dec 2011 Rob Papen updates Predator to v1.6.2
07 Oct 2013 Rob Papen Blue 45% Off
14 Jan 2013 Time+Space Rob Papen Deals for Existing Users
10 Aug 2012 Rob Papen - 9 products in 7 Years
25 Jan 2011 NAMM 2011 Show Report
20 Apr 2010 Pro-Sounds releases Tau Trance for Predator