11th October 2006
u-he has released the long-awaited version 2.0 of Zebra, the wireless modular synthesizer that combines subtractive and additive synthesis with a powerful modulation engine and built-in effects section. Version 2.0 adds the sonic capabilities of FM, modeling of natural sounds and advanced wavetable synthesis.
Zebra 2 offers many different types of synthesis and sound manipulation options, and you can mix them up in any way you choose. For instance, you can easily combine additive synthesis with phase distortion and frequency modulation. Or you can recreate the structure of your favourite analogue synthesizer. All this is done in an intuitive drag-and-drop fashion, without cluttering the user interface with cables.
Zebra is meant to be the most flexible yet easy to use synthesizer one can think of. Zebra presents you with as much complexity as you need for a particular sound, but not more. It's layout is arranged so that nothing gets in your way, unless you explicitly want it.
- Modular architecture with up to: 4 oscillators, 4 dedicated FM oscillators, 4 filters (19 types), 4 VCA/pan, comb filters, wave-shapers, ring-modulators, noise-generators for each voice -- 24 audio modules, 28 modulation sources, thousands of parameters to tweak; accessible via an intuitive user interface.
- Drag and drop circuit building.
- 4 syncable Multi-Stage envelopes/step-sequencers.
- 4 ADSR envelopes, 4 LFOs per voice.
- Play-modes: polyphonic, single trigger, legato modes and arpeggiator/step sequencer.
- Spectral Editor: Unlimited number of Waveforms (including additive synthesis).
- Flexible Modulation Matrix.
- 16 on-board Effects: ModFX (Chorus, Flanger, Phaser), Delay, Reverb, Ring-modulator, Filters, Waveshapers, Mixers.
- 2 internal send busses and flexible effects routing.
- Many effect parameters can be modulated.
- 4 XY-controls, allowing for deep realtime sound morphs.
- MIDI Learn: All knobs remotely controllable by MIDI Control Changes, also with relative/incremental controllers.
- More than 1000 presets.
Zebra is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST and AU formats (Universal Binary on OS X) and it costs $199. Demo versions are available.
Two bonus plug-ins - Zebralette, a "mini-Zebra", and ZRev, a reverb plug-in, are also included.
30 Sep 2013 u-he updates Satin Tape Machine Plug-in to V1.1
12 Sep 2013 u-he releases Satin Tape Machine
30 Apr 2013 u-he updates all their plug-ins
17 Dec 2012 u-he release Uhbik G, P and D Rack Extensions
15 Oct 2012 u-he release Uhbik-Q and Uhbik-F Rack Extensions
26 Aug 2012 u-he updates Diva to v1.1.1 and Zebra2 to v2.5.4
24 Jul 2012 u-he releases The Dark Zebra and ZebraHZ
08 May 2012 u-he updates Diva to v1.1 - Boosts Performance
17 Jan 2012 u-he updates Diva to v1.0.1
15 Apr 2011 Amazona.de & Urs Heckmann release Tyrell Nexus 6
18 Dec 2009 u-he updates Zebra to v2.5
16 Oct 2013 Aiyn Zahev Sounds releases "Sphere" for Zebra
13 Jul 2013 The Unfinished releases Zebra Continuum
28 Mar 2013 Arte Nuovo releases Padsheaven2 for Zebra
06 Aug 2012 Arte Nuovo releases Padsheaven for Zebra
25 Feb 2011 EDT Audio releases Zebrosis for Zebra
06 Sep 2010 KVR Ten Winners for July & August Announced