unEarthed Sampling has released Antique Metal Percussion (AMP), a unique Kontakt sample library which is derived from banging (lightly) on a handful of metal antique items.
Some of the items heard in this sample library are "one of a kind" and include an old iron bedrail, a library book cart, an old seaside lantern from the North East, a "Childs" brand copper fire extinguisher from the turn of the century, a WWII .50 Caliber Metal Ammunition Box, and even a decommissioned WWII Mk27 Hand Grenade.
AMP strives to set itself apart from the rest by bringing you extremely cinematic sounds from a handful of interesting metal antique items, each of which has their own personality and timbre. These patches are meant to sound great and be usable right out of the box. But should you want to tinker a bit with them the included GUI makes it very easy to tweak a handful of the most important parameters and includes toggle able convolution reverb (with 13 custom and selectable impulse responses), a built in Arpeggiator, pitch control, control of the attack and release of each instrument, ability to control the low, med, and hi EQ range. On top of that, every hit has 4 X round robins to help fight repetition and all of the instruments are velocity sensitive.
Each instrument has its own "master patch" which consists of each hit set recorded for that specific item. They also have a handful of pitch shifted and manipulated counterpart patches as well. There are also many FX patches for your enjoyment, including a scrapes and FX patch (consisting of nearly 30 unique scrape recordings), an "ensemble hits" patch which consists of several hits between the different instruments layered together which can sound huge. unEarthed Sampling even took things into deep and twisted territory and mangled some of the session recordings into looping atonal pads and multiple lengths of reversals with the mod wheel mapped to the filter... these can work well for scene transitions, building tension, and can sound absolutely horrifying.
Features at a glance:
- Unique set of antique artifacts turned into percussion.
- 42 Kontakt patches total.
- Instruments are sampled from the following items:
- A turn of the century Copper Fire Extinguisher.
- WW II .50 Cal Metal Ammo Box.
- WW II Mk II Grenade (Decommissioned).
- Seaside Lantern from back east.
- An old Iron Headboard.
- An old library book cart.
- Over 330 unique samples.
- 4 x RR for each hit.
- Highly (and easily) tweakable GUI.
- Toggleable Convolution Reverb.
- Control the High, Mid, and LO EQ tweaks from the GUI.
- Control the attack and release of each patch from the GUI.
- Control the PITCH of each patch from the GUI.
- 13 custom convolution reverb IRs, easily selectable via the GUI.
- Built in Arpeggiator.
- A "Master" patch for each instrument.
- Over 70 "Reversal" sounds derived from the sessions, great for horror or avant-garde material.
- 13 very long reversal "Tension Builders" for extreme tension.
- 12 Atonal (and looping) pads.
- A slew of FX patches based on the samples of each instrument.
- Grisly Scrapes and FX patch from the sessions.
- Cinematic Metal Impact goodness out of the box.
- For the full version of Kontakt 4.2+.
Price: $31 for the first week, then $40.
Video Walkthrough: www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEsYUuh7qHs