basiQ is an acronym for Baxandall Simulation Equalizer, a free 3-band equalizer plug-in with photorealistic graphics from Kuassa, Inc.
As the name implies, the engine is modeled after a design of classic baxandall equalizer well known for its smooth shelves and natural-sounding responses, similar to the tone control on a hi-fi systems. The simple controls allow you to shape the frequency from many sources to your needs, from opening up an air on guitar leads, adding a gentle shimmer on vocals, giving extra oomph on your synth basslines, or even getting more presence from your masters.
It's well-suited for mixing or mastering purpose although the neutral characteristic of basiQ are more suitable as a sweetening device or giving some transparent tilt to your mix rather than a surgical device.
- Simple tone control with large Low, Mid, and High knobs.
- Preset Management with 12 preset slot within a single bank.
- Mono and Stereo applicable.
- Supports up to 96 kHz Sample Rate.
- Compact and straightforward user interface.