PLParEQ Pro Series
10-band phase-linear parametric equalizer. The smoothness of analog with superb digital implementation. PLParEQ Pro Series is recognized by mastering engineers worldwide as offering the finest digital filters available at any price.
Each of the ten bands can take on any of the numerous filter characteristics and operate in either traditional phase-warping IIR mode or true phase-linear mode. Audio streams are treated in either stereo or mono – and individual filters can be applied to either or both stereo channels, middle/side, middle only, or side only.
"The Best" Made Even Better
We are proud to announce that PLParEQ Pro Series has been updated to run under Windows 7, makes increased use of parallelism, and takes advantage of Intel Pentium Processor multi-core architecture. The result? The new PLParEQ Pro Series is approximately 50% faster than previous versions of the product.
PLParEQ Pro Series's phase-linear operation is achieved by processing sound in both forward-time and reverse-time directions through classic filters—all in real time. This completely removes the phase warping caused by IIR filtering and applies their roll-off twice. Each filter type thus becomes two: one for classic IIR filtering and another for phase-linear operation.
Available filters include lowpass, highpass, bandpass, band-reject, low and high shelving, and peaking/dipping with the three Sony-Oxford variants that are so popular with mixing and mastering engineers. Corner frequencies may be varied from 10 Hz to 30 kHz. Also available are 1/F shaping, A-weighted, B-weighted, C-weighted, and a precision 6th order notch filter.
Using a high-quality digital signal-processing (DSP) core, PLParEQ Pro Series can run at any sample rate and accepts 24-bit and 64-bit audio. Internal computations are carried out entirely with 64-bit floating-point precision. Audio at sample rates below 80 kHz are re-sampled to double-rate for internal processing, then down-converted to the original sample rate.
PLParEQ Pro Series's user interface is an easy-to-read table showing all filter settings and a graph of the filters with articulated control of corner frequency and gain. One-handed operation is achieved by implementing both fast and slow movement with the two mouse buttons. Values can also be typed directly into the filter table.
For monitoring purposes, K-System metering is provided, offering your choice of K-20, K-18, K-17, K-14, and K-12. Clipping indicators are provided, but our filters do not clip your data. These merely serve as a caution that downstream processing is likely to clip the results.
Now updated to run under Windows 7, PLParEQ Pro Series makes increased use of parallelism and takes advantage of Intel Pentium Processor multi-core architecture. A trusted product from Refined Audiometrics Laboratory has just become even better.
- Highest quality parametric equalization.
- Selectable phase-linear or traditional filtering.
- 10 Bands and 22 Classic Filter Types.
- Selectable filtering: stereo, left, right, left+right, middle, side, or middle+side.
- Output stereo, left, right, middle, or side.
- Frequencies from 10 Hz to 30 kHz.
- Gains from -20 dB to +20 dB.
- Q's from 0.20 to 20.
- Choice of K-20, K-18, K-17, K-14, or K-12 RMS-wide metering.
- 7 different quality levels.
- Group enable/disable for instant A/B.
- Low rate audio is upsampled by 2x, filtered, and then downsampled.
- Filter table display settings in effect for all filters.
- Live graph permits mouse dragging of frequency, gain and Q.
- Flobal attenuation/gain control for -20 dB to +20 dB.
- Uses highest quality data windowing.
- Sinc interpolation on upsampling.
- Performs 8-fold temporal overlap processing.
- Sample rates from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz.
- Internal 64-bit floating-point processing throughout.
- Samples are TPDF dithered back to 24-bits on output.
- All parameters are fully automatable.
- Measured IMD and noise floor below -150 dBFS.
- 64-Bit capable for Sonar.
- PC/Windows VST Plugin—optimized for Windows 7 and Intel Pentium Processor multi-core architecture.
- Available Filter Types.
- 2-Pole Resonant LowPass, HighPass, BandPass, Band Reject, and AllPass.
- 1-Pole LowPass and HighPass.
- 4-Pole Resonant LowPass and HighPass.
- Classic low and high shelving.
- Type 1, 2, and Oxford-style peaking filters.
- 3 dB/octave LowPass and HighPass.
- 1/F, A-weighted, B-weighted, and C-weighted filters.
- 6-pole notch filter.