The INSPIRATIONS ReFill contains Combinator patches that produce a vast range of different synthesizer sounds. The core of the patches are internal Reason devices - SubTractor, Malstrom and Effects. The 64 Combinator patches are divided into the four categories - Keys & Synths, Leads, Mods and FX. All eight Combinator controls + modulation wheel in every patch are programmed. This gives you a total control of the most used and effective parameters of the sound. Due to this programmed controls, the timbre can be shaped drastically.
For easy manipulation, the patches are saved in the following format: PatchName_Range_Voicing
- PatchName identifies the name of the patch.
- Range gives you information where the patch sounds best.
- Voicing informs you if the patch is polyphonic or monophonic.
To get the maximum potential from the patches. We recommend you to automate various Combinator controls. By the modwheel automation the changes in the timbre can be often achieved, but together with automating other Combinator controls, you can get more different tonal changes in the sound.
Note, that some rhythmic Mod patches are based on the unsynced LFOs. This is usable, for example if you want to gradually change the LFO RATE, or if you want to use very high RATE, or simply if you want to add some unsynced movement. But if you need to get synced with the song tempo, unfold the Malstrom labeled as ' 1 ' and activate the SYNC button for the Modulators:
- Escape - Modulator B.
- Solid - Modulator B.
- Stabilizer - Modulator A, Modulator B.
- Sweeper - Modulator A, Modulator B.
- Wide - Modulator A.
- File formats: .rfl.
- Requirements: Propellerheads Reason v3.0.4 or higher.
- Total: 64 Combinator patches (Keys & Synths, Leads, Mods and FX).
Listen to the demo song.