Tips on Getting a Great Bass Sound Using Samples

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gregjazz wrote:I'm creating a new thread to answer those two questions. Just to keep things all tidy. Yes, that must be my Swiss genes taking control again...

Whew, at $275.00 a pop I hope they are good.
Swiss Jeans

:lol: :lol: :P

manytone wrote: Whew, at $275.00 a pop I hope they are good.
Swiss Jeans

:lol: :lol: :P
You'll never need another shirt. I've haven't changed mine in years! :hihi:

On topic, another cool bass tone trick is to bus the output of the bass to an amp/cabinet sim so that you can mix amounts of both the DI and mic'd signal together. While this isn't exactly CPU-efficient (well, depending on which amp sim you use of course) it's a great way to get a balance between the dryness of the DI signal and the ambience that the amp sim creates.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Please suggest how to get a bass sound like this :

http://filekeeper.org/download/shared/0 ... ne_Dub.mp3

The drumloop is pretty heavy, and all other sounds take enough space of the mix, but I can stiil hear the bass perfectly clear, and without any distortion or rumbling. What tricks does he apply?

Blackbyrd wrote: The drumloop is pretty heavy, and all other sounds take enough space of the mix, but I can stiil hear the bass perfectly clear, and without any distortion or rumbling. What tricks does he apply?
It sounds like the treble and a lot of the mids have been rolled off. You can also use some compression to help achieve that sound.

Here's CoreBass Cherry imitating the bass part: http://www.orangetreesamples.com/audio/ ... Reggae.mp3

Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Thats exactly it. Turned out fairly simple.

Blackbyrd wrote:Thats exactly it. Turned out fairly simple.
Awesome--I'm glad I could help!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”