Upcoming Jaco fretless bass (audio demo added!)

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gregjazz wrote:Here's the latest audio sneak peek: http://www.orangetreesamples.com/audio/ ... orJaco.mp3
Hey, Greg. This is AMAZING! It sounds wonderful! Can't wait for release!

It must be very exciting when someones fav' artist is emulated in software like this (or in a synth etc). Scarbee has done somethng similar with his flatwound Black Bass homage to his own iconic hero. I'm waiting for Steven Slate to make a replica of THAT kick drum from Rage Against The Machines first Album for me.

What a great age we live in all the same! This Jaco Library will be a hit for sure. As Mr. Skarbye would say; It's made with love . . . and it shows!
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Wow, thanks for the compliments, guys! Right now I'm working hard on getting the interface done. Also, there will be other basses and guitars in the Iconic series.

I'm going to be announcing something else in the next few days, too...
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Any news? Can I hope for Jaco May release?

Alex S. Wit wrote:Any news? Can I hope for Jaco May release?
Right now I'm adding a repeat keyswitch, and then a few other things to the interface, which should be done in the next day or two. Then the beta testing period will begin. Hopefully it won't be too long after that, although it depends on what the beta testers turn up.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:Wow, thanks for the compliments, guys! Right now I'm working hard on getting the interface done. Also, there will be other basses and guitars in the Iconic series.

I'm going to be announcing something else in the next few days, too...
Greg! Based on the ballad and the Jaco+kalimba demo you just showed in the other thread, this is going to be the absolute sensation of the year. :love: I'm putting spare coins in my empty coffee jar right now...you're buildin' up a hell of a product line here, slowly but surely...

=fn<x>
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

It's in beta right now!

Now I have to come up with some *real* demos. This is the fun part. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:It's in beta right now!

Now I have to come up with some *real* demos. This is the fun part. :)
Ooh, this is going to be basstastic. Can't wait... The demo with the kalimba is pretty shweet.

Wow, it sounds amazingly sweet. Great, great job, Greg. ;)

I've received terrific feedback from the beta testers. I've implemented a few suggestions, such as low D samples--which I spent the entire day today sampling, tuning, and mapping. One single note is 70 samples!

The interface for the Jaco bass is also very flexible, allowing you to configure many aspects of the library from the performance and mapping to the tone.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

:hyper:

btw. Greg, is it possible to make an affordable, but decent library of a Chapman Stick?
"It dreamed itself along"

I've wanted to do a Chapman Stick library, but it's an investment that will have to wait a while.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Quick update--the Jaco library is really coming together well. I just added a tone section to the interface where you can select between impulses that model various authentic Jaco tones. I've also been adding certain features and interface controls requested from the beta testers.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Cool!
How much it will cost, btw?

Alex S. Wit wrote:Cool!
How much it will cost, btw?
Sorry for not replying about this sooner. There's going to be an announcement out for Iconic Bass: Jaco in the next day or two, which states the price and other details as well as the release date. I think you and everyone else are really going to like what is coming. Stay tuned. This is really big for us.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”