How to hide groups made public by other KVRers?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic

Hi!

As the title tells, I have a problem with the visibility of the groups.

I make many private groups for my own use to organize my plugins. But within all my own private groups I see groups made by other KVRers and that they made... public!

An example:

When I open the page ThrillseekerXTC by Variety Of Sound - Exciter / Enhancer Plugin VST, at the rightmost column and browsing down I can see my own private groups made to organize my plugins... but in the middle of all my groups I see TWO groups made by TWO other KVRers and which are really annoying because they are groups containing tons of famous plugins and then these groups are very frequently shown while they should not. On the page above as example it is these two groups:

My Plugin Recommendations
Great free plugins

I don't dare to imagine if everybody did that way, making all one's groups public.

And when we watch the last visit from these two KVRers, one of them visits KVR not very frequently... and even the other one didn't visit KVR since 2014!

And there are other groups which are set that way: public, while they should remain private. Sometimes I see a group named "Rejected", sometimes I see a group with another name, etc. And these parasitic groups are very frequent in the product pages. It leads the management of own private groups to an actual mess. And sometimes the parasitic group have the same name than a private personal group, in an absurd situation.

So my question is: is it possible to definitely hide the groups made public by other KVRers while they should be kept private, except of course the standard groups made by the site administrators ?

I haven't seen that ability in the pages of MyKVR. Could you help me if I missed it? Or if it is really absent, could you ask the web development team to add this feature?

Thanks a lot!
Jacques
Last edited by BlackWinny on Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Here is another example:

Rejected
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

As examples of related products I have put some famous plugins among the most famous... which are parasitized by that kind of public groups which should be kept private and/or that we could be able to hide.

Nobody?

I agree. I've removed public groups from product pages.

Thanks a lot, Ben !

Return to “Site Stuff”