|Developer||Variety Of Sound|
|Type / Tags|
Bringing mojo back – Thrillseeker XTC is a contemporary exciter build around a true parallel analog style equalizer design. ThrillseekerXTC is all about adding weight, vibe and attitude back to the sound. It delivers all the character of an analog signal path and provides what digital processing usually is hard pushed to, including a rich low-end experience and that vibrant 'expensive' top-end.
At a glance:
- A unique take on a parallel analog equalizer design which includes full control about sonic color and mojo.
- Transient based processing to revive energy and vibe.
- Made for musicians and engineers to pleasingly enhance audio during the mixing or mastering stage.
- Three parallel coupled equalizers containing three stateful saturators.
- Each based on a sophisticated non-linear and frequency dependent algorithm with memory.
- Pre-selected frequency ranges.
- LOW band: 70-450Hz.
- MID band: 0.8-5kHz.
- AIR band: 3.2-18kHz.
- Two flavors included with different internal gain-staging.
- Black version to mix at rather conservative levels around -18dB RMS.
- Blue version to mix towards hotter target levels.
- Additional analog signal path idiosyncrasies modelled.
- Classic VU style metering as well as loudness unit measurements based on ITU-R BS.1770.
- Mix control for dry/wet mixing and output level control.
- Win32 / VST compatible plug-in with SSE2 assembler optimized signal path.
- Tested and known to work in many VST hosts as well as running jbridge wrapped in 64bit hosts.
Reviewed By jam92189
November 24, 2012
this thing is amazing. and its FREE.
now first of lets start out with saying its a Variety Of Sound plugin. As we all should know this is a well known name and well respected. yes its only 32bit and not mac compatible and that is why I could not give it its full 10 that it deserves. But the quality of this things is amazing.
lets start by giving a basic talk about what it is. its basically a parallel eq/harmonic enhancer/exciter
with 2 modes one black with -18 set at the level to mix at basically for people like me who use VU meters for gain staging. and the blue with 0 for louder signals.
it has a low shelf mid bell and a high shelf.
now how does this sound.
super nice give grit punch and life to tracks that need it and really can sound smooth and subtle when wanted to. drive I notice adds volume and overall gain to the input and output helps you dial back down.
Mojo is basically a way to emulate the destruction of the signal. the idea is that analog gear degrades a signal to give it its coloration basically.
how does this all add up well very well. I notice the quality of this thing is way above what some big expensive plugin brands would charge for over the top hyped plugin.
this actually is usable in subtle to over drastic ways. and I notice its hard to get a bad sound of it.
as far the rating
sound quality 10/10
ease of use 10/10
CPU 8/10 I only give it this because I notice for it having no oversampaling and no 64bit support its slightly high on weaker systems. now on mine it would take maybe a few hundred instanced to even notice but just saying for weaker systems.
price 10/10 its FREE I would pay a pretty penny for this!
Looks 10/10 very nice.
compatibility 8/10 its 32bit only but no problems bridging at all so thats a plus but no mac version so im missing out on my mac book :(Read more