Gospel Musicians has released Pure Synth Platinum "Urban Workstation", a software-based rompler and synthesis library that has all of the bread-and-butter samples of a traditional hardware keyboard, combined with all of the synthesis techniques available in the most complex of digital and analog synthesizers.
Gospel Musicians' goal with PSP was to create a very unique hybrid synthesizer and rompler combo that would act as a complete synthesizer rather than giving you just a sample based player where, in many cases, the effects, LFO, amp, and other synthesis techniques are "caked" into the samples.
Here's what they say: "Sure with a rompler, you can tweak the sounds and add effects, but the control you have is limited. Conversely, a synthesizer gives you the raw analog and digital waveforms in which to tweak your own sounds and control the actual wave shaping parameters of the waveform. The bad thing about pure synthesis oscillators (wavetable, FM, analog, etc.) are that they are not good for acoustic type of sounds. This is where PSP comes in. You actually get all of the acoustic waveforms indicative of what samples offer as well as an exhaustive arsenal of digital and analog synthesis techniques: Analog, Wavetable, Superwave, FM, Transient/Drum, Sub Oscillator, and Noise Generator. All of these synthesis techniques are available to you per oscillator and you can mix and match synthesis and/or samples as you wish."
"Combining synthesis and rompler samples allows you to create a very unique hybrid sound, so you can shape and create your sounds how you like. Most of the EDM stuff out there is really starting to all sound the same and we didn't want to do that. We wanted to create a very unique platform in which you feel as if you have a REAL synthesizer. That's what made old school synthesizers such as the JD-800, D-50, EX5, and the Wavestation so unique. They had their own character and personality and the sound was original and special. This is what PSP aims to do and we feel we have done it very well. We have basically included virtually all of MachFive's capabilities (synthesis, samples, effects filters, modulations, arp/gate, SparkVerb) available in a beautiful GUI form."
- 5.2GB (uncompressed) Samples.
- 2.1 GB FLAC Losses Compression (HQ).
- 514 Presets (More Presets to come).
- 6,232 Multi-Samples.
- 328 Individual Sample Waveforms used for oscillators.
- Over 1,600 Wavetables with PWM.
- Over 30 Different effects per oscillator.
- Analog Synthesizer with PWM and Sync.
- 8-Oscillator Superwave for phat stacked synths.
- Transient Drum Synth for drum and/or transient sounds.
- FM Synthesizer with 6-Operators.
- Dedicated Sub Oscillator.
- White Noise Generator with 11 different generators.
- ASR-10/DP4 Warm Reverb Emulations.
- 2-Filters per Oscillator with over 50 different filter choices.
- Classic Oberheim Xpander Filter emulations with 37 modes.
- 2-LFOs per Oscillator (LFO 2 to modulate Sync, PWM, and FM parameters).
- Arp/Gate per Oscillator for Complex Sequences.
Currently Pure Synth Platinum is on sale for $149.99. For any customer who has purchased any one of Gospel Musicians' sound libraries, there is a crossgrade price of $99.99. Sale ends September 12, 2014.
Introduction Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFaJ7Tph730
Sound Demo Video 1: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVa_tzrfGdw
Sound Demo Video 2: www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC_D7dpaYxc