IK Multimedia has announced the new iRig HD – the next generation of the AmpliTube iRig interface. iRig HD is a high-quality digital guitar/bass/instrument interface for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Mac.
iRig HD features pristine digital audio quality, and offers a premium 24-bit A/D converter for a crystal clear digital signal that's free from noise and crosstalk. Plus, its ultra-low-draw power-consumption circuitry eliminates the need for batteries – it's powered by your mobile device or computer. An onboard gain control allows you to dial in the right signal level for your instrument and apps, and a multicolor LED lets you know what's going on with your interface and signal.
iRig HD is compatible with the range of IK AmpliTube apps including AmpliTube Fender, AmpliTube Slash and AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix, as well as any other real-time processing apps, such as Apple GarageBand, which support digital audio. Use the iRig HD anywhere you play guitar – on the go, in the studio or on your Mac at home.
- High-quality instrument-level 1/4" Hi-Z input jack.
- Detachable cables for Lightning, 30 pin and USB connector compatibility.
- Preamp gain control.
- High-quality low-noise, high-definition preamp.
- High-quality 24-bit A/D conversion.
- Powered by the iOS device or USB.
- Also works with line level signals from synthesizers, keyboards and mixers.
- Comes with AmpliTube free apps (free download on App Store).
Price and availability
iRig HD will be shipping in the Spring of 2013 and will be available in musical instrument and electronic retailers worldwide. Price is to be announced.