6th December 2004
SaxLab's key features include an easy-to-use interface, a wide range of high quality soundsets for the various instruments of the saxophone family, an effects section that includes chorus and reverb, as well as extensive real-time modulation options. Special attention has been paid to making the performance controls as rich and responsive as possible, so that the instrument can be realistically played.
SaxLab is the successor to Dash Signature's popular TubiLeSax VSTi, introducing many new features and an improved sound engine. An upgrade path from TubiLeSax to SaxLab is available for registered users of TubiLeSax. The info will be sent by mail to all registered users within the next few days.
SaxLab contains a range of features designed to make your music-making more efficient and enjoyable. These include:
- Many different SoundSets for various saxophone instruments.
- Monophonic multi-sample playback with internal four-voice crossfade.
- Adjustable mix of three sound layers for each note: the "Air" layer, the "Keys" layer and the "Pitched" layer.
- Air/Keys and Pitched sound layer crossfade point is set by MIDI velocity.
- User-definable, velocity-sensitive amplitude envelope.
- Tonal characteristics of the instrument's overall sound can be defined by the user.
- Real-time control of the instrument's brightness.
- Three modes of mono performance: Legato, Retrigger, Alternate.
- Control of PitchBend and Scoop.
- Random pitch deviation and body frequency deviation per note.
- Envelope, LFO and MIDI-controlled vibrato and tremolo.
- Stereo chorus and stereo reverb effects.
- Simple tuning selection via a one-click menu.
- MIDI Learn available for every control.
- Sample accurate timing, full automation and settings are saved with the song.
SaxLab will be sold in all major music stores from January 2005 and is immediately available for online purchase from the LinPlug website. The MSRP is EU€129 / US$149. Upgrade from TubiLeSax is EU€89 / US$99.
07 Nov 2011 LinPlug updates Alpha and FreeAlpha to v3.2
19 Nov 2010 Interview with Peter Linsener (LinPlug)
18 Nov 2010 LinPlug releases MorphoX - Morphing Synthesizer
29 Jun 2010 LinPlug updates Organ for Windows to v3.1.4
26 Aug 2004 Liqih Synth reorganization
08 Mar 2004 DASHsnd Creation Tool Released
10 Jan 2004 DashSignature TubiLeSax v1.8.6 released
20 Nov 2003 DashSignature TubiLeSax v1.8.2 released
19 Sep 2003 All DashSignature plugins updated
15 Aug 2003 DashSignature TubiLeSax updated to v1.2
11 Aug 2003 DashSignature TubiLeSax Lite released