LinPlug has announced the release of their CrX4 Sample Synthesizer plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows.
CrX4 is the successor to their CronoX 3 and uses all kinds of samples as raw material for synthesis. CrX4 includes a range of virtual analogue features such as a variety of oscillators, unison detuning, amplitude and frequency modulation, the unique free-type-filter, an arpeggiator, and a modulation matrix, sophisticated LFOs and a comprehensive effects section.
LinPlug says that the key feature of CrX4 which distinguishes it from other synths is its unique sampling engine and its free-type-filter which allows sounds no other instrument can produce. LinPlug states these features and the CrX4 real-time modulation options supports highly expressive performances and complex evolving sounds.
Main Features (short list):
- Time-Sampler with real-time modulatable time-stretching and pitch-shifting.
- Wavetable Generator that offers wavetable operations on any sample (modulatable).
- Loop Sampler Generator with real-time modulatable loop-points and sample-start.
- Additional analogue-modelled Oscillator and versatile Noise Oscillator.
- Free Filter with unique, continuously modulatable filter-type (LP->BP->HP->BR->LP).
- 7 ADSFR or AHDSR-type envelopes for various purposes and 4 LFOs (up to 275 Hz).
- Modulation Matrix with 10 routings and 68 destinations.
- "MIDI Learn" function for easy controller assignment.
- 6 simultaneously available multi effect units.
- More than 1000 factory presets from some of the world's finest sound designers.
Main new features in comparison to CronoX 3:
- Much feature enhanced and faster LFOs.
- Envelopes switchable between ADSFR and AHDSR with shape now individually.
- Adjustable for every phase.
- Enhanced oscillators allowing more modulation and wider modulation ranges.
- All-on-one-edit-page design with much larger sample display.
- New noise oscillator with double filter, pitching and cross modulation.
- Switchable CronoX 2 sound compatibility (automatically on loading CronoX 2 presets).
- New editing functions (typically load, save, copy, paste and init for many modules).
- All sample content comes now in WAV format (for easier processing outside CrX4).
- New preset browser with full size bank or patch view.
- About 500 reworked CronoX 3 presets + currently about 200 new presets, more planned.
- AU or VST capable host software.
- Minimum 1.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 2 GB Disk Space 1280 x 800 screen.
- Recommended 2 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 1280 x 800 or better screen.
- PC: Windows XP or newer, either 32- or 64-bit, including Windows 8.
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.5 or newer, either 32- or 64-bit including OS X 10.8.
CrX4 is exclusively available as download from LinPlug. It comes with a 70 page English manual in PDF format and more than 1000 factory presets.
The license fee is $149 / €119. The upgrade from either CronoX 2 or CronoX 3 is both $39 / €29.
A demo version is available at www.linplug.com.
Full info and audio demos are available at linplug.com/crx4.