4th August 2009
Novation has released version 3.2 of Automap. Both Standard and Pro versions have been updated to bring full integration with Propellerhead's new Record software. On top of this, the v3.2 revisions of Automap Pro and Automap Standard feature enhanced support for Reason, plus other workflow optimisations.
Commenting on the update, Propellerhead's Product Manager Mats Karlörf said, "We at Propellerhead are very happy and grateful for all the hard work that Novation has done in the field of integrating hardware and software. Novation was the first hardware manufacturer to explore the deeper possibilities of Propellerhead's Remote protocol and the result is one of the best examples of integration that we have seen."
- Added integration for Reason/Record within the Automap Server.
- Added support for iPhone/iPod Touch Automap App.
- Updated DAW Setup Guide.
- Updated Reason/Record default mappings.
- Dynamic port routing for SL MkII range.
- Added mod wheel as an Automap control.
- Factory restore (under the Devices menu).
- Fixed timestamp issue with midi client on a Mac.
- Fixed issue with Rob Papen's plug-ins.
- Fixed issue with multiple device with Windows XP.
- Fixed problem during install if older version of Automap is installed.
- Added dialog box if hardware had older version of firmware or settings.
- Fixed issue with disconnecting hardware device while in use.
- Fixed issue with iPhone connecting to Automap Server while other device is in use.
- iPhone and Automap HUI mode may give out incorrect value on some parameters.
- TDM plug-ins are not removed from the Automap server when de-instantiated in Pro Tools HD 8.
- VST plug-ins are not removed from the Automap server when de-instantiated in Sonar 8.
- Vista 64 and Reason/Record may have poor response.
- Aftertouch selection and octave display on dynamic port routing for SL MkII.
Firmware and Hardware Settings:
- SLMkII - includes firmware version 1.1.06:
- Zero: fixed certain combination of multiple button presses while Preview is held Down.
- Zero: Ableton template : LH Row-Selects no longer allowed.
- Default Global Drumpad Threshold+Sensitivities now 12 and 45.
- Default Advanced Template on Startup now Template 11 – '1to8'.
- Automap offline and online messages now only go to USB Port2 and 3.
- Reason Operation: LH/RH RowSelect Switching Improved.
- Fixed button LED Update with multiple button presses.
- Updated Automap template for SL MkII range: assigned CC1 to mod wheel.
- ReMOTE SL/SL ZeRO - no change.
- ReMOTE SL Compact - no change.
15 May 2013 Novation updates Automap to v4.7
09 Apr 2013 Novation announces LaunchPad S
08 Mar 2013 Novation releases Launchpad for iPad
23 Jan 2013 Novation announces Launchkey 25, 49 & 61
09 Mar 2012 Novation updates Automap to v4.3
10 Oct 2011 Novation updates Novation FX Suite to v1.2
19 Sep 2011 Novation announces Automap 4
02 Jun 2011 Novation updates Automap to v3.7.4
10 May 2011 Novation updates V-Station to v1.7