Steinberg announce Xphraze @ Musikmesse
5th March 2003
5th March 2003
Steinberg unveiled Xphraze @ Musikmesse, a new machine for computer-based musicians, arrangers and sound designers that brings together two worlds that have been separated for too long: powerful sound shaping and real-time polyphonic phrase creation.
Xphraze is designed to be easy to use and lets you create chopping rave chords, complex polyphonic soundscapes, bass and lead riffs, luscious sweeping pads and tempo-synced sound effects. Simply drag a phrase from the pool, tweak the groove and sound, play a note or a chord and listen as Xphraze textures kick in and move perfectly in sync with the song. You can even drag in your own samples and let Xphraze do it's magic to them.
But don't stop there -- you can also use real-time controllers and other sound-mangling tools to change the phrasing or sonic character in ways that were previously unimaginable.
At the heart of this new sample-based instrument is a flexible multi-timbral synthesizer engine, offering extensive sound-shaping and real-time modulation possibilities. Powered by an integrated polyphonic phrase generator, Xphraze is capable of conjuring up any kind of rhythmical phrases like polyphonic chord patterns, drum grooves, bass lines and even tempo-synced synth textures ranging from pads to arpeggios.
- Four-part multi-timbral polyphonic phrase synthesizer, full loop and tempo-sync capability (phrase oscillators, envelopes and LFOs).
- Each Timbre consists of: Phrase Oscillator (32 cells) with individual note resolution, amp section and multimode filter (low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch filters with 12-72 dB slopes) with freeform loopable envelopes, two additional freeform loopable auxiliary envelopes, two freeform LFOs, arpeggiator, unison mode.
- Each Phrase Oscillator contains: individual waveform per cell, plus a maximum of six freely assignable cell parameters, such as pitch, cutoff, resonance, pan, level, gate-time and more. Each cell parameter curve freely mouse-editable.
- Unlimited, freely assignable modulation potential with full morph capability (one controller controls multiple parameters at a time, which can be adjusted individually).
- Phrase playback can be fully adjusted for each timbre: play and loop range (start/end) can be adjusted on-screen, switchable trigger/mute per cell, adjustable cell crossfade/duration.
- Performance controllable stereo insert effects for each timbre from 24 effect types, plus two master effects from six types.
- Includes a pool of 256 preset phrases and 256 user phrases.
- 500 MB Wave ROM with more than 200 waveforms.
- Imports AIFF and Wave samples, automap function for multisamples
- Sample-accurate audio engine featuring 32 Bit floating-point resolution, 192 kHz sample rate, and 1024 voices/notes (256 per timbre).
- Four assignable stereo outputs with vector synthesis -- output mix can be controlled via any assignable modulation source.
- Integrated mouse-controllable keyboard and wheels.
- Multi-Platform: Windows (98 and higher), Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X.
- Supported plug-in formats: VST Instruments, DXi and Audio Units.
Other Related News
22 Jan 2015 Steinberg updates HALion to v5.1 and Groove Agent to v4.208 Jan 2015 Steinberg updates Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Artist 8 to v8.0.503 Dec 2014 Steinberg releases Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Artist 825 Nov 2014 Steinberg The Grand 3 now exclusively available as download product through the Steinberg Online Shop at a reduced price24 Nov 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.8.317 Nov 2014 Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.5.3520 Oct 2014 Steinberg releases Prime Cuts for Groove Agent 4 by Beat Butcha07 Oct 2014 Steinberg releases UR22 Production Studio19 Sep 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.8.212 Sep 2014 Steinberg releases Granular Guitars for Padshop by Simon Stockhausen04 Sep 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase to v7.5.30 & Nuendo to v6.5.3002 Sep 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Steinberg offers 30% off Cubasis30 Jul 2014 Steinberg releases Groove Agent 429 Jul 2014 Steinberg updates VST Connect Performer for Mac & Win to v2.0.4022 Jul 2014 Steinberg releases Nuendo 6.517 Jul 2014 Steinberg releases VST Connect Performer for iPad10 Jul 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Steinberg Anniversary Offer: 30% Off Cubase Upgrades09 Jul 2014 Steinberg releases WaveLab 8.5 Trial Version and updates WaveLab 8 to v8.0.407 Jul 2014 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.5.1007 Jul 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.8.1