TDR VOS SlickEQ – Gentleman's Edition takes SlickEQ's concept to new heights and adds a "Tilt"-filter flanked by flexible lowpass and highpass filters. Five distinct EQ models provide a rich set of predefined EQ curves and behaviours for the three main semi parametric filter bands.
SlickEQ GE offers a optional EQ nonlinearity as well as six different output stages. These options offer subtle and interesting textures, from the typical "mojo" often associated with high quality analogue audio gear, up to more obvious saturation.
An elaborate auto gain option automatically compensates for changes of perceived-loudness during EQ (within reasonable limits) and a gain-trim feature helps controlling peak overloads with ease. The 64-bit multi-rate processing scheme (a.k.a. "internal re-sampling") practically eliminates typical problems of digital EQ implementations such as frequency-warping, quantization distortion and aliasing.
Key specs and features:
- Modern user interface with attention usability and ergonomics.
- Carefully designed 64-bit "delta" multi-rate structure.
- Three semi-parametric filter bands, each with two shape options.
- Five distinct EQ models: American, British, German, Soviet and Japanese.
- Low band offers an optional phase-lag able to delay low frequencies relative to higher frequencies.
- High pass filter with optional "Bump" mode.
- Low pass filter with two different slopes (6dB/Oct and 12dB/Oct).
- Parametric Tilt filter with optional "V" mode.
- Six output stages: Linear, Silky, Mellow, Deep, Excited and Toasted.
- Advanced saturation algorithms by VoS ("Stateful saturation").
- Highly effective loudness compensated auto gain control.
- Stereo, mono and sum/difference (mid/side) processing options.
- Frequency magnitude plot.
- Tool-bar with undo/redo, A/B, advanced preset management and more.
TDR VOS SlickEQ GE costs €30 and is available for 32- and 64-bit Mac OS X and Windows in VST, AU and AAX effect plug-in formats.