15th February 2013
Universal Audio has released UAD v6.5 software. The new update adds new plug-ins as well as support for 64-bit hosts on the Mac platform. In addition to reviving some classic hardware in the form of UA developed Teletronix LA-2A and API 500 Series, there are three new plug-ins from Softube to add to the UAD third party library, which already includes the Sonnox Oxford EQ.
New UAD-2 Plug-Ins:
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection
- API 500 Series EQ Collection
- Softube Bass Amp Room
- Softube Metal Amp Room
- Softube Vintage Amp Room
Other Changes – Mac and Windows
- Resolved various graphics and control anomalies introduced with 64-bit plug-ins.
Other Changes – Mac (since v6.4.1 public beta)
- OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 is qualified.
- 32-bit and 64-bit hosts are qualified.
- Resolved UAD plug-in random disabling issue.
- Resolved issue preventing operation in 32-bit kernel mode.
- (Apollo) Console's Channel Strip Editor feature is re-enabled.
- Other Changes – Windows (since v6.4.0).
- Sonnox Oxford EQ is included.
- Resolved issue with Sonar X2 when available DSP is exceeded.
- Resolved issue when Apollo or UAD-2 Satellite are powered before the computer is started.
- (Win) UAD v6.5.0 is qualified with 64-bit editions of Windows 7 with Service Pack 1.
- (Mac) UAD v6.5.0 is qualified with OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, and 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- All other operating systems are unqualified. Although older operating systems may work, they are untested and unsupported.
- Updating to UAD v6.5.0 is not recommended if using an unqualified OS.
- Prior UAD software versions for older operating systems are available here.
Known Issues – Mac and Windows
- System sleep is not supported with UAD FireWire devices (Apollo and UAD-2 Satellite).
- Cubase 7 is not qualified with this release.
Known Issues – Mac
- (Cubase 32-bit only) When performing audio processing via Audio>Plug-Ins menu or region editor window, UAD plug-in controls may become unresponsive if the plug-in window is moved. To regain control if this occurs, close the plug-in window then reopen it. This issue does not exist in the 64-bit version of Cubase.
- (Cubase 32-bit only) When performing audio processing via Audio>Plug-Ins menu or region editor window with UAD Direct Developer plug-ins, the UAD Toolbar cannot be used to load or save UAD presets. UAD presets can be loaded using the up/down arrow buttons in Cubase's preset management tools instead. This issue does not exist in the 64-bit version of Cubase.
24 Jan 2014 Universal Audio Announces Unison Technology
20 May 2013 Universal Audio ships Apollo 16 Audio Interface
15 Feb 2013 Universal Audio releases UAD v6.5 software
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim