Universal Audio has released UAD v6.5 software. The new update adds new plug-ins as well as support for 64-bit hosts on the Mac platform. In addition to reviving some classic hardware in the form of UA developed Teletronix LA-2A and API 500 Series, there are three new plug-ins from Softube to add to the UAD third party library, which already includes the Sonnox Oxford EQ.
New UAD-2 Plug-Ins:
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection
- API 500 Series EQ Collection
- Softube Bass Amp Room
- Softube Metal Amp Room
- Softube Vintage Amp Room
Other Changes – Mac and Windows
- Resolved various graphics and control anomalies introduced with 64-bit plug-ins.
Other Changes – Mac (since v6.4.1 public beta)
- OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 is qualified.
- 32-bit and 64-bit hosts are qualified.
- Resolved UAD plug-in random disabling issue.
- Resolved issue preventing operation in 32-bit kernel mode.
- (Apollo) Console's Channel Strip Editor feature is re-enabled.
- Other Changes – Windows (since v6.4.0).
- Sonnox Oxford EQ is included.
- Resolved issue with Sonar X2 when available DSP is exceeded.
- Resolved issue when Apollo or UAD-2 Satellite are powered before the computer is started.
- (Win) UAD v6.5.0 is qualified with 64-bit editions of Windows 7 with Service Pack 1.
- (Mac) UAD v6.5.0 is qualified with OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, and 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- All other operating systems are unqualified. Although older operating systems may work, they are untested and unsupported.
- Updating to UAD v6.5.0 is not recommended if using an unqualified OS.
- Prior UAD software versions for older operating systems are available here.
Known Issues – Mac and Windows
- System sleep is not supported with UAD FireWire devices (Apollo and UAD-2 Satellite).
- Cubase 7 is not qualified with this release.
Known Issues – Mac
- (Cubase 32-bit only) When performing audio processing via Audio>Plug-Ins menu or region editor window, UAD plug-in controls may become unresponsive if the plug-in window is moved. To regain control if this occurs, close the plug-in window then reopen it. This issue does not exist in the 64-bit version of Cubase.
- (Cubase 32-bit only) When performing audio processing via Audio>Plug-Ins menu or region editor window with UAD Direct Developer plug-ins, the UAD Toolbar cannot be used to load or save UAD presets. UAD presets can be loaded using the up/down arrow buttons in Cubase's preset management tools instead. This issue does not exist in the 64-bit version of Cubase.