VB Audio has announced that Voicemeeter, the Virtual Audio Real Time Mixer for Windows, now supports ASIO Interface on its Virtual I/O and allows connecting audio applications like Pro Tools, Ableton Live, FL Studio and REAPER, at the same time. You can not only mix your voice with your music, you can also produce music and record it with your preferred ASIO DAW in real time.
By supporting all Audio Interfaces (MME, KS, WaveRT, Direct-X and ASIO interface) Voicemeeter also becomes an audio bridge between applications: for ASIO Applications willing to use Windows Audio Device Driver (like MME or WDM) as well as for Windows MME players willing to use an ASIO device.
As an Audio Mixer Application for Windows, Voicemeeter is able to mix 3 audio inputs devices (2 physical and 1 virtual) to 3 audio output devices (2 physical and 1 virtual) through 2 busses, A & B. By mixing any audio sources coming from whatever audio applications or physical inputs, Voicemeeter opens up a lot of use cases:
- To mix your voice with your music on Skype or Google Voice as well as for broadcasting and make your own radio.
- To use 2x USB Headset on a computer, for example for online educational program.
- To Play Video Game in 5.1 and keep the Microphone for communication with your team.
- To make tutorial with your preferred audio software and pro quality.
- To Record Conference or Interview in multichannel for post production.
- To use different Audio Application together and record the performance in live with your preferred DAW.
- Finally to manage simply whatever sound sources in real time on your computer in an easy way.
Voicemeeter also manages multichannel on its Virtual I/O and physical outputs without disturbing stereo workflow. If the regular windows audio interface can limit the number of virtual channel to stereo for recording devices, with ASIO we can really get 8 channels from the virtual output of Voicemeeter Bus B, and record them.
VB Audio are looking for different partners to bundle Voicemeeter with VOIP applications, Broadcast Solutions, headsets, audio boards and all others who could find it useful to propose Voicemeeter as an add-on to their solutions. They also encourage VOIP application developers to support stereo streaming "to finally let us share music on internet".
Fair trade, affordable for everyone
Voicemeeter is donationware, free to download and free to use. It allows you to set the license price according to your means, if you find this application useful.
Windows XP, VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, 32/64-bits (MME, WDM/WASAPI, KS, ASIO).
More information at: www.voicemeeter.com