7th February 2007
Yamaha has announced a version 2.0 of Vocaloid, which includes major improvements in usability and synthesis quality. Zero-G has also announced that it will be releasing its first Vocaloid2 based product in Spring 2007 - PRIMA, a Classical soprano singer.
- New GUI: The Vocaloid Editor (score editing tool) of Vocaloid2 has a new look with improved user functionality.
- A much more realistic and natural sounding vocal: The synthesis engine of Vocaloid2 uses a different signal processing technique from Version 1, creating a clearer and more natural vocal.
- Realtime Keyboard Performance (VST Instrument): Written lyrics can be assigned a note by touch of a keyboard. Now you can "sing" using a keyboard.
- New functionality and improvements: Much easier to use functionality implemented, which reduces workload in creating music. Existing functionality is also improved.
- Note auditioning: If you press a note, singing with lyrics and pitch will be assigned to the note. Instantly check lyrics and notes.
- Transparent control track: Control track for controlling timbre is transparent, so you can check two parameters at once.
- Toggling between Playback and Rendering: You can specify playback/rendering mode for each track. By rendering the finished track, you can reduce CPU load in playback. Maximum number of tracks is 16.
- Expression control: You can easily specify musical expression (attack and vibrato) with this intuitive user interface.
As with version 1.0, Vocaloid2 will not be released as a Yamaha product. It will be released as a package of Vocaloid singer libraries developed by third party licensees which includes Yamaha's software, and will be sold by the licensee. In Spring 2007 Zero-G will be releasing PRIMA, a Classical soprano singer (more info about PRIMA will appear on the Zero-G website soon). Zero-G hopes to demonstrate the voice at the Frankfurt Musikmesse in late March 2007, but it will not be ready for release until later in the Spring.
- Piano-roll editor.
- Note editing / Automatic phonetic conversion / Phonetic editing / Note auditioning.
- Transparent control track.
- Toggling between playback/rendering.
- Expression control.
- Synchronization with host sequencer through ReWire.
Vocaloid Playback VSTi:
- Playback sequence created with Vocaloid Editor.
Vocaloid Realtime VSTi:
- Keyboard performance with lyrics input in advance.
- 4 polyphonic.
19 Sep 2013 Yamaha updates StageMix for iPad to v4.0.2
10 Apr 2013 Yamaha StageMix Version 4 for iPad Coming in May
17 Jul 2012 Yamaha updates VOCALOID3 Editor to v188.8.131.52
23 Mar 2012 Yamaha updates Vocaloid 3 Editor to v184.108.40.206
25 Nov 2010 Yamaha updates M7CL StageMix for iPad to v1.1
09 Nov 2010 Yamaha releases M7CL StageMix for iPad
31 Jul 2009 Yamaha releases S90 XS/S70 XS Editor v1.2.2
19 May 2009 Yamaha updates Motif XS Editor VST to v1.2.1
04 Jul 2008 Yamaha announces Music Production Power Pack
23 Jan 2008 Yamaha launches X Factor DVD and Web Community
27 Feb 2006 Yamaha updates Vocaloid to v1.1.2
14 Sep 2005 Yamaha releases Vocaloid v1.1.1
13 Sep 2013 PowerFX releases Vocaloid YOHIOloid
06 Mar 2013 Zero-G Vocaloid Download Sale (30-60% Off)
28 Feb 2012 PowerFX release Vocaloid 3 Oliver
15 Jan 2010 Zero-G announces Vocaloid Tonio
07 Jan 2010 PowerFX releases Big Al (Vocaloid)
14 Jul 2009 Zero-G releases Vocaloid Sonika
02 Jul 2007 PowerFX releases Sweet Ann (Vocaloid 2)
11 Nov 2004 Vocaloid Meiko released
01 Jul 2004 Zero-G Vocaloid Miriam released
17 Nov 2003 Zero-G announces the first Vocaloid products
19 Mar 2003 Zero-G Soul Vocalist announced