7th February 2007
Yamaha has announced a version 2.0 of Vocaloid, which includes major improvements in usability and synthesis quality. Zero-G has also announced that it will be releasing its first Vocaloid2 based product in Spring 2007 - PRIMA, a Classical soprano singer.
- New GUI: The Vocaloid Editor (score editing tool) of Vocaloid2 has a new look with improved user functionality.
- A much more realistic and natural sounding vocal: The synthesis engine of Vocaloid2 uses a different signal processing technique from Version 1, creating a clearer and more natural vocal.
- Realtime Keyboard Performance (VST Instrument): Written lyrics can be assigned a note by touch of a keyboard. Now you can "sing" using a keyboard.
- New functionality and improvements: Much easier to use functionality implemented, which reduces workload in creating music. Existing functionality is also improved.
- Note auditioning: If you press a note, singing with lyrics and pitch will be assigned to the note. Instantly check lyrics and notes.
- Transparent control track: Control track for controlling timbre is transparent, so you can check two parameters at once.
- Toggling between Playback and Rendering: You can specify playback/rendering mode for each track. By rendering the finished track, you can reduce CPU load in playback. Maximum number of tracks is 16.
- Expression control: You can easily specify musical expression (attack and vibrato) with this intuitive user interface.
As with version 1.0, Vocaloid2 will not be released as a Yamaha product. It will be released as a package of Vocaloid singer libraries developed by third party licensees which includes Yamaha's software, and will be sold by the licensee. In Spring 2007 Zero-G will be releasing PRIMA, a Classical soprano singer (more info about PRIMA will appear on the Zero-G website soon). Zero-G hopes to demonstrate the voice at the Frankfurt Musikmesse in late March 2007, but it will not be ready for release until later in the Spring.
- Piano-roll editor.
- Note editing / Automatic phonetic conversion / Phonetic editing / Note auditioning.
- Transparent control track.
- Toggling between playback/rendering.
- Expression control.
- Synchronization with host sequencer through ReWire.
Vocaloid Playback VSTi:
- Playback sequence created with Vocaloid Editor.
Vocaloid Realtime VSTi:
- Keyboard performance with lyrics input in advance.
- 4 polyphonic.
19 Sep 2013 Yamaha updates StageMix for iPad to v4.0.2
10 Apr 2013 Yamaha StageMix Version 4 for iPad Coming in May
17 Jul 2012 Yamaha updates VOCALOID3 Editor to v126.96.36.199
23 Mar 2012 Yamaha updates Vocaloid 3 Editor to v188.8.131.52
25 Nov 2010 Yamaha updates M7CL StageMix for iPad to v1.1
09 Nov 2010 Yamaha releases M7CL StageMix for iPad
31 Jul 2009 Yamaha releases S90 XS/S70 XS Editor v1.2.2
19 May 2009 Yamaha updates Motif XS Editor VST to v1.2.1
04 Jul 2008 Yamaha announces Music Production Power Pack
23 Jan 2008 Yamaha launches X Factor DVD and Web Community
27 Feb 2006 Yamaha updates Vocaloid to v1.1.2
20 Dec 2013 Line 6 to be Acquired by Yamaha Corporation
13 Sep 2013 PowerFX releases Vocaloid YOHIOloid
06 Mar 2013 Zero-G Vocaloid Download Sale (30-60% Off)
28 Feb 2012 PowerFX release Vocaloid 3 Oliver
15 Jan 2010 Zero-G announces Vocaloid Tonio
07 Jan 2010 PowerFX releases Big Al (Vocaloid)
14 Jul 2009 Zero-G releases Vocaloid Sonika
02 Jul 2007 PowerFX releases Sweet Ann (Vocaloid 2)
11 Nov 2004 Vocaloid Meiko released
01 Jul 2004 Zero-G Vocaloid Miriam released
17 Nov 2003 Zero-G announces the first Vocaloid products
19 Mar 2003 Zero-G Soul Vocalist announced