|Developer||de la Mancha|
|Type / Tags|
basic 65 is a monophonic synth, inspired by the classic 80s home computer, the Commodore 64 and its legendary SID chip. Building on the waveforms and signal path of this famous chip, basic 65 adds further features and options to take things a step further.
The double arpeggiator allows complex versions of that retro 8-bit game sound and the modulation options inspire experimentation via the mod envelope and 2 comprehensive LFOs. Pulse width modulation, ring modulation and oscillator detune/sync are key ingredients in the signature sound. Throw in some pitch drift, bit drift, a sprinkle of dirt and randomisation and you have a wide range of lofi, chiptune, retro-tastic sounds at your disposal.
basic 65 was co-developed with sink, who also made the presets.
- 16, 8 or 6 bit sound quality.
- 3 oscs, each with their own ADSR envelope.
- Oscillators can be sync'd and ring modulated by each other.
- Pitch envelope modulation.
- Pitch wobble option, for subtle instability.
- 2 tempo-sync LFOs to modulate pitch, cut-off and pulse width.
- LFOs have attack/release curves.
- Tempo-sync arpeggiator.
- Flexible routing to state variable filter (LP, HP & BP).
- Envelopes can be reset or continuous at retrigger.
- Monophonic or polyphonic option.
- MIDI learn / MIDI CC support.
- 128 presets by sinkmusic & WhiskeyPriest.