|Price (MSRP)||Free / $34.95 $|
|Type / Tags|
Windows XP SP3 or newer with a processor that supports SSE2 (AMD or Intel processor from around 2004 or later). An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.
OS X 10.5 or later, and an Intel processor. An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.
|Copy Protection||Key File|
Limited-Z is a specialized and easy-to-use limiter, based on the foundation of being a capable look-ahead brickwall limiter suitable for final mixing or mastering. Limited-Z dynamically combines several unique limiting algorithms to provide transparent limiting on all audio sources. Limited-Z is capable of substantial levels of compression/limiting without inadvertently creating excessive amounts of audible distortion.
Limited-Z is based on LVC-Audio's full-featured mastering limiter, Limited-MAX. It includes many of the underlying limiting processing engines, while simplifying the user interface. This includes a special customized variable clipping algorithm based on LVC-Audio's ClipShifter. The result is a mastering limiter that is both configurable and useful, without a significant learning curve. Internally, Limited-Z includes attack and release controls, look-ahead, stereo linking, program-dependent release timing, dynamic EQ, and DC filtering; however, these internal settings are packaged into several unique limiter modes.
Limited-Z is a designed to be easy to use, it includes many standard and useful features. This includes an output meter including VU-style, PPM-style, and loudness metering; waveform history display with RMS; adjustable scale for all metering; AutoGain control (for auditioning the sound of the limiter without volume changes); undo/redo history; and A/B comparison controls.
Limited-Z is a free plugin, with a paid version that adds the following features:
- Selectable secondary metering that includes Input Level, estimated Distortion Level, and ISP meter.
- K-Metering of input and output levels.
- Linear-phase oversampling (2x, 4x, or 8x).
- Continually adjustable output margin control between 0 dB and -1.5 dB, and 0 dB and -10 dB for post-production.
- Adjustable X/Y controls for the Dynamic Algorithm settings for easily fine-tuning the limiter's overall sound and aggressiveness.
System Requirements and Specifications::
- Windows: VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX plugin formats. Limited-Z requires Windows XP SP3 or newer with a processor that supports SSE2 (AMD or Intel processor from around 2004 or later). An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.
- OS X: AU, VST, VST3, RTAS, and AAX plugin formats. Limited-MAX requires OS X 10.5 or later, and an Intel processor. An iLok device is required to use the AAX format.