1st April 2011
Avid has updated Torq to version 2.0.1 which brings stability enhancements and workflow improvements to the creative DJ platform.
New Control Surface Support:
- Behringer BCD3000.
- Numark V7 (Partial Support – not fully mapped).
Improved stability in the following areas:
- Loading tracks and samples to decks and (TRQ-2379, TRQ-2501).
- Adding files to database, playlists, and analysis (TRQ-2371, TRQ-2484, TRQ-2363).
- Instability when switching skins (TRQ-2492).
- Core engine stability (TRQ-2538, TRQ-2428, TRQ-2489, TRQ-2492, TRQ-2364).
- TRQ-2575 - Fixed issue where tracks downloaded from Beatport and other sources would not display waveform and BPM correctly.
- TRQ-2545 - Fixed duplicate snapshot behavior.
- TRQ-2397 - Fixed where songs analyzed in 1.5.x do not populate BPM in the Browser.
- TRQ-2466 - Torq now reads iTunes libraries that 2.0 reported as corrupt.
- TRQ-2544 - Fixed an issue that caused instant doubles to carry sync a state to decks under External Control causing a “Phantom Sync”
- TRQ-2543 - Fixed an issue which caused a GUI mismatch between absolute and relative control mode.
- TRQ-2483 - Fixed an issue where Torq would not activate with Avid Studio or Pinnacle Studio installed.
- TRQ-2534 - Fixed an issue where certain audio files would not analyze correctly.
- TRQ-2339 - Improved Database refresh behavior. Database now refreshes after adding a new folder to it if database is in focus.
- TRQ-2514 - Ctrl Cmd on Mac + Quick Cue will now relocate track to cue and stop playback Internal control only.
- TRQ-2498 - Corrected issue in database where some songs would incorrectly show up as missing.
- TRQ-2493 - Off buttons now de-activate on MIDI note release instead of press.
- TRQ-2488 - Improved GUI performance / Fixed issue where performance would degrade over time.
- TRQ-2486 - Fixed issues relating to songs showing up in the Music Folder.
- TRQ-2478 - Torq now saves Control Input selection, Range and Lock Key to Speed preferences.
- TRQ-2468 - Instant double behavior under external control improved.
- TRQ-2465 - External Meter MIDI pref now saved upon quit / relaunch. Public.
- TRQ-2459 - Snapshot name now requires double click to edit.
- TRQ-2454 - Improved scheme switching. Elements no longer disappear from a switch.
- TRQ-2447 - Fixed issue where Comment 1 and Comment 2 fields would not retain data if text is entered when song is viewed in
- TRQ-2446 - Improved Controller Assignment min/max value functionality.
- TRQ-2438 - Enabling metronome will no longer cause certain systems with UAC to crash.
- TRQ-2437 - Preview button no longer becomes disabled when scrolling through tracks.
- TRQ-2434 - Torq will now retain custom playlist directory.
- TRQ-2433 - M4P Protected Files no longer show up in Torq DB/iTunes, preventing crashes on load.
- TRQ-2426 - Fixed issue where mapping some keystrokes to parameters would interfere with number based quick cues.
- TRQ-2423/1419 - Crossfader transform now has visual feedback.
- TRQ-2421 - “LoadTrackToDeck” moved to [Engine] [Deck 1 to 4].
- TRQ-2412 - Repeat Capture button no longer triggers capture on release.
- TRQ-2406 - Instant Double states are now saved, no longer reference own deck. Options are now reduced in 2 deck view.
- TRQ-2399/2357 - Sampler Autosave directory no longer causes redundant samples to be created upon quit.
- TRQ-2398 - Loading a track over a deck that has Lock Key to Speed enabled no longer results in Lock Key to Speed turning off but the Lock icon remaining on. GUI mismatch.
- TRQ-2395 - Fixed an issue where the sampler button would stay lit after shift recording a sample.
- TRQ-2394 - Loop state of Samplers are now remembered upon relaunch.
- TRQ-2393 - Left and Right buttons on Sampler are now MIDI/Key mappable.
- TRQ-2392 - Comment and Key fields will now intelligently sort numbers.
- TRQ-2391/2410 - Browser will no longer lose focus when loading a track via MIDI or keystroke.
- TRQ-2384 - Fixed crossfader curve GUI mismatch when closing and reopening Torq.
- TRQ-2382 - Fixed an issue where controller assignment window would not update all elements when switching assignments.
- TRQ-2381 - Improved track time refresh rate when scrolling through waveform overview.
- TRQ-2378 - Fixed audio hang when switching sound cards on certain configurations.
- TRQ-2376 - Improved MIDI device scanning behavior on OS X.
- TRQ-2369 - Fixed issue where a GUI mismatch may occur with Sync and Master buttons when switching between 2 and 4 decks.
- TRQ-2367 - Fixed some instantiated VST plugins not affecting the sound after relaunching Torq.
- TRQ-2366 - Fixed quick cues button highlights not resetting after track reloads in Trial mode.
- TRQ-2354 - Relearning snapshot assignment from MIDI controller to regular keyboard now unassigns the previous assignment.
- TRQ-2317 - Unloading of deck multiple times no longer throws multiple warning messages.
- TRQ-2311 - Fixed the play button still being active but playback is not running after deleting NS7 assignments.
- TRQ-2248 - Torq now backs up deleted playlists.
- TRQ-2235 - Adds tooltip for comments field. Tooltip will now display comment field content.
- TRQ-2221 - MIDI and key quick cues now work correctly if used in conjunction with the set cue button.
- TRQ-2157 - Clarified “iTunes Library” text in setup and preference page to minimize confusion.
- TRQ-2122 - Fixed saved effect bank not having the correct "parameter" button state.
- TRQ-2121 - Torq will now automatically save Sampler banks upon quit OSX.
- TRQ-2038 - Instant double load speed improved. Previously loaded tracks will no longer re-load when instant doubled.
- TRQ-2035 - Fixed ability to remove VST plugins from the ignore list.
- TRQ-2009 - Fixed effects states not being remembered upon program launch.
- TRQ-2007 - Fixed an issue where loading an effect over itself will cause the effect to reset but the GUI stays the same.
- TRQ-1814 - Doubling from deck with external control enabled and paused causing doubled deck will now pause the deck instead of it playing back with -100% speed.
- TRQ-1802 - Fixed sorting arrow direction in browser (reversed direction).
- TRQ-1760 - Fixed issue with speed range changing automatically if turned on external control with controller vinyl.
- TRQ-1646 - Improved external control playback with standard time stretching.
- TRQ-1576/1925 - Improved behavior of VU meters.
- TRQ-1573 - Improved display features with Denon DN-S3700.
- TRQ-1566 - Improved GUI response time when controlled by MIDI.
- TRQ-1155 - Fixed soft takeover for the speed adjust slider after deck is made the sync master.
- TRQ-1095 - Fixed the double button looking active if switched "Double Deck" from loaded to unloaded.
- TRQ-955/899 - Fixed issue with key transpose setting staying after loading another track.
- TRQ-851 - Improved nudge sensitivity of track when playback speed is low.
09 Apr 2013 Avid announces Pro Tools 11
07 Jan 2013 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.3.3
18 Oct 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.3.2
04 Oct 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.3.1
27 Sep 2012 Avid updates Sibelius to v7.1.3
14 Sep 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.3
22 May 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.2 for Win & Mac
27 Apr 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools for Mac to v10.1.3
12 Apr 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.1.2 for Win & Mac
10 Apr 2012 Avid updates Sibelius to v7.1.2
13 Mar 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools HD for Mac to v10.1.1
30 Jan 2012 Avid updates Pro Tools to v10.0.1
24 Jan 2013 Focusrite d2/d3 AAX Now Available
27 Jul 2009 M-Audio updates Torq to v1.5.2
03 Mar 2009 M-Audio updates Torq DJ software to v1.5.1
30 Dec 2008 M-Audio releases Torq v1.5 DJ Software
16 Jul 2008 M-Audio updates Torq to v1.0.7