17th September 2009
Spectrasonics has announced the release of version 1.9.0e of Stylus RMX, the company's first 64-bit native Mac software. This new version of the groove software is now compatible with Apple's recently released 'Snow Leopard' 64-bit operating system and the emerging 64-bit native host applications for music production on the Mac OS X platform. Since native Windows 64-bit compatibility has been available since version 1.7, Stylus RMX is now fully cross-platform 64-bit native software and is also compatible with 32-bit Mac and Windows systems and hosts. The new 1.9 version also includes various technical fixes and compatibility updates with other recent software releases such as Apple's Logic 9.
Stylus RMX v1.9 is a free download for all registered users of Stylus RMX and is available now.
Eric Persing, Founder and Creative Director of Spectrasonics notes, "With our in-house development team and our own core technology, we're now able to rapidly adapt to the changing technical needs of our users and keep pace with the industry-wide move towards 64-bit systems and access to more RAM. With the new version 1.9 update, RMX is at the forefront of the next wave of computing power, compatibility and convenience from fully 64-bit systems - all of which translates to a more satisfying music making experience with our instruments."
Stylus RMX 1.9.0e Release Notes:
- Requirements: This version requires a minimum of OS X 10.5 on the Mac. When using the Audio Unit, your host must be capable of supporting Cocoa plug-ins.
- Logic 9 compatibility: This version provides compatibility with Logic 9, including a fix for the crash when typing in a tempo into Logic's transport window. Also, this version supports the new feature in Logic 9 where parameter names are displayed in Logic 9's automation menu.
- OSX 10.6 compatibility: Fixes AU Validation problem in 10.6.
- Host Sync Improvements: Fixes a problem where the first beat would be missing when working with slow tempos or large audio buffer sizes.
- Mac 64-bit support: This version includes 64-bit support on the Mac. At the moment, the only 64-bit host on the Mac is AULab 2.0.1, but expect more shortly.