Major improvements and bug fixes are as follows:
- Synthesis can be three times faster than in the previous version, depending on the song you play. Therefore the rendering time is greatly reduced.
- Play with Synthesis mode works more reliably.
- VOCALOID VST Instrument works properly.
- ReWire functionality works more reliably even if there are tempo changes in the song. It now supports 48kHz and 96kHz besides 44.1kHz as the sampling frequency.
- Numerous other bug fixes.
Note: The output synthesis from v1.0.5 may be different from v1.0.2 or earlier. Yamaha believe that the change is improvement, but if you play the same VOCALOID MIDI file tuned for VOCALOID 1.0.2 or earlier, you may have to tune it again for this version. The difference possibly takes place in the following cases:
- Very fast singing.
- The note is around C3.