|Type / Tags|
As its name suggests, EQuality is an EQ plug-in. It is not a model of a specific piece of hardware - it's more ambitious than that. EQuality aims to be a great replacement for all your EQs. From the top-down, it's designed to allow you to make it work the way you want it to.
DMG Audio says that "from the bottom up, EQuality sounds as good as an EQ can sound. By that, I mean the prototypes are as close to the consistent analogue shapes as can be achieved digitally, without spending extra CPU. When you want to spend extra CPU to close the deal, you can do that too, but so far not many people have reported finding occasions where the difference is perceptible.".
- New technology for generating EQ coefficients that gets you an undistorted, clear analogue-matched top-end.
- Linear phase processing.
- Analogue phase-matched processing.
- Bells and notches, with a +/-36dB range, and a Q range from 0.1 to 50.
- Shelves which let you move the resonance above or below the curve.
- Filters at 6/12/18/24/30/36 db/octave, sweepable resonance.
- Extra hi-pass, so you can remove rumble on every channel without spending a band on it.
- M/S processing mode, allows you to process Mid, Side or the Stereo image.
- Adjustable gain-q interaction for 'musical' usage.
- Three different UI modes, to suit your taste.
- Range control, to allow you to scale the gain of the EQ response with one control, both positively and negatively.
- Frequency shift, to allow you to retune the response.
- Large, configurable spectrum-analyser with readout.
- Configurable VU, supporting K-metering and variable ballistics.
- 8 banks of A/B.
- Full preset management system.
- Autolisten mode, for quick finding/adjustment of frequencies.
- Flat button on UI for rapid reset.
- Clip LED.
Reviewed By AudioGuy720
September 22, 2012
Interesting that yet another plug-in that is talked about wildly in the KVR Effects forum has zero reviews.
I'll just make it simple. EQuality sounds great, it's flexible and it's easy to use. It's pretty much every thing you could ask for in a software equalizer. You won't be disappointed just try it!
Oh...I have to use at least 500 characters? OK...here goes:
EQuality features 5 EQ types. "Digital" to analog to Linear Phase options are available. Variable slope (6dB to 48 dB) high and low pass filters. Low shelf, 4 parametric, and a high shelf filter as well.
The spectrum analyzer makes using this a breeze. There are tons of settings to change things up including K-system metering. If you're looking for a clean EQ this is a great option. Combine this with a nice "character EQ" plug-in for boosts and you're good to go.
The reason I gave the plug-in an 8 is because the minimum and analog phase modes aren't analog-spunding enough for my tastes. That and I wish the GUI was larger/expandable to accomodate big resolutions. Spectrum analyzers are easier to use with larger windowed plug-ins. Other than that I love this software!Read more