|Product||UM225 / UM226|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Online Activation (Challenge / Response)|
From music to movie soundtracks and beyond, audio engineers are upmixing all sorts of content from stereo to surround, to capture the excitement of today's full, multi-speaker environments. And when the original multi-track sessions aren't available, they have to work with stereo mixes.
Enter Waves' UM225 and UM226, a pair of stereo-to-surround plug-ins that provide versatile stereo-to-surround processing.
From 2 to 5.0 or 5.1
Experienced engineers know that in order to achieve optimal surround from stereo, they need to maintain the character of the original mix, including absolute levels, relative levels, and relative positions in space. At the same time, they want to realize the potential of the center, rear, and LFE channels, for a rich, enveloping 360° mix.
Using patented center and rear channel extraction processes, together with a unique LFE channel enrichment process, the UM225 for 5.0 and the UM226 for 5.1 deliver improved surround imaging, for a wider soundscape with better separation.
For sound designers who want to use stereo effects on surround soundtracks; for engineers updating archive material to the new HDTV surround standard; for keyboardists who need 5.0 or 5.1 output for virtual instruments; for post-production specialists who want to enhance LFE effects like explosions, earthquakes, and street rumble; and for recordists that require creative conversion of stereo sources to surround in real time, the UM225 and UM226 provide versatile stereo-to-surround processing.
- Profile modes for music and movies.
- Enhanced clarity and separation of frontal center.
- LFE channel LoAir enrichment with cutoff-frequency control.
- Adjustable rear channel ambience and delay.
- Intuitive surround graph.
- Profile Mode 1 to 8.
- LF Profile L/R to C Balance.
- HF Profile L/R to C Balance.
- Punch L/R to C Balance.
- L/R Width 1 to 2.
- UpMix Amount 0 to 100 (2.0 to 5.0/5.1).
- Rear LPF 20kHz to 1kHz.
- Rear Ambience 0 to 100.
- Rear Delay 3 to 75.
- LFE LPF 40Hz to 120Hz.
- LFE LoAir On/Off.
- Output Trims: L-R/Center/LsRs/LFE +/- 12dB.
- Master Output 0 to -24 dB.
- Left/Center/Right/Ls/Rs/LFE Speaker On/Off.
- Left/Right Input Meters -60dBFS to 0dBFS.
- Left/ Center/Right /Ls /Rs/LFE Output Meters -60dBFS to 0dBFS.
- Surround Graph.